- ILO - Accommodation & Support
- Do you enjoy live music, sports and enjoy providing support?
- Do you have the expertise to support a vision & hearing impaired female?
- How do you empower individuals on their journey towards a life they desire
Welcome to Interchange
For almost 30 years, Interchange has supported West Australians with disability to achieve their goals through individualised, local community-based support. With the belief that everyone belongs, we ensure our support team is person-centred to help our customers grow and flourish in their home and community.
What we are looking for:
We are expanding our independent living services and require experienced staff to work during the day, evenings, nights, and weekends. Building three new support teams across three new customers we have multiple opportunities ranging from full time, part time and casual.
- Supporting a female to live in her own home we require a dedicated support team to adapt and add value. Due to being vision and hearing impaired we need a team who can communicate through hand over hand Auslan or be willing to learn. Based in Willagee, this support team will build familiarity and capability for our customer in her own home and the community.
- Supporting a Male in his early 50’s, we are seeking a support team who can assist with transitioning him into a new home and exploring his new neighbourhood. He enjoys live music and sports, so we are seeking Male Support workers who enjoy live gigs and events in the community. The ideal support team will need to provide practical and emotional support, and or have experience in mental health or support recovery.
- Supporting a young female in her late 30’s transition into her new home, her main goals are to develop skills to living independently and to build confidence to connect with her community. The ideal team will provide practical and emotional support, and or have experience in mental health or support recovery.
A passion for shared value and the community, these support teams will work in an inclusive and diverse environment with the primary function to empower their customers in the community and help them to feel that they belong.
What we value:
Working at Interchange we focus on finding individuals who are passionate about putting people at the centre of everything they do, and share our values of:
- Individuality – valuing people, staff, partners and services
- Respect – valuing choice, culture and diversity
- Empowerment – valuing abilities, goals and learning
- Belonging – valuing relationships and shared places
Along with providing a supportive, flexible and encouraging work environment we offer a wide range of benefits, that includes:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) and an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Excellent training and development
- Rewarding career and growth opportunities
- Employee referral incentives
- Discounted benefits and memberships
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
What do you need to have to be a part of these new Support Teams:
- Qualification in Mental Health or Disability, such as Certificate IV, along with relevant experience working in mental health or disability services.
- Ability to communicate through hand over hand Auslan or be willing to learn
- Good computer literacy and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from varying backgrounds with diverse needs and preferences.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to support complex client needs:
- Willingness to uphold the Vision, Mission and Values of Interchange.
- Valid driver’s licence, and access to a reliable vehicle – mandatory.
- National NDIS Screener check
This positions will be employed at a Level 2 (Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (the “Modern Award”) and conditions under the National Employment Standards (“NES”).
To be considered for this role, please click Apply Now, letting us know how awesome you are!
Diversity and Inclusion
Interchange is an inclusive employer and we celebrate our diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people and from people of all ages.