About the Organisation:
Independence Australia is a social enterprise that provides choices for people living with a disability or other personal need, enabling them to regain and retain their independence within a supportive community.
About the Role:
We are seeking In-Home Disability Support Workers to support a male client in Ringwood.
We require support during the following shifts:
- Tuesday: 7am-11am (week 1 & 2)
- Wednesday: 6:30am-10pm (week 1) and 7am-11am (week 2)
- Thursday: 6:30pm-10pm (week 1)
- Friday: 7am-11am (week 1)
We need candidates who are committed and passionate, and have the ability to create supportive and professional working partnerships.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience as a disability support worker in the community or in-home setting
- Previous experience assisting clients' with the following:
- Personal Care
- Catheter Care
- Bowel Care
- Utilising Hoist Transfers and wheelchair
- Peg Feeding
- Certificate III or IV in Disability or similar
- First Aid/CPR certificates
- Pre-Employment Police Check
- DWES Check
- Pre-Employment Medical Assessment
- Own car and valid driver’s licence (International driver's licence will not be accepted)
- Smart phone and internet access
- Willingness to undergo further training and development, specific to the clients’ care
For more information please contact Shenay, Recruitment Coordinator, on (03) 9418 0481.
An application form is attached.