About the Organisation:
Independence Australia is a social enterprise that provides choices for people living with a disability or other personal need, enabling them to regain and retain their independence within a supportive community.
About the Role:
We are seeking an In-Home Disability Support Worker to assist and support a male client in Wodonga.
We require support during the following shifts:
- Wednesday: 7:00am-9:45am
- Wednesday: 6:30pm-7:45pm
- Thursday: 6:30pm-8:00pm
We need candidates who are committed and passionate, and have the ability to create supportive and professional working partnerships.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience as a disability support worker in the community or in-home setting
- Previous experience assisting clients' with the following;
- Personal Care
- Catheter Care
- Meal Preparation
- Hoist Transfers
- Domestic Assistance
- Certificate III or IV in Disability or similar.
- First Aid/CPR certificates.
- Pre-Employment Police Check.
- DWES Check.
- Pre-Employment Medical Assessment.
- Own car and valid driver’s licence (International driver's licence will not be accepted).
- Smart phone and internet access.
- Willingness to undergo further training and development, specific to the clients’ care.