Who are we?
Conscious Ground Australia is a charity with the purpose of advancing education and the natural environment. With a focus on earth building, food, farming and well-being, our Vision is to bring together future leaders to help humanity achieve human potential in harmony with Mother Earth. Our goals are to connect and empower people through education and hands-on learning in integrative, regenerative agriculture, holistic food and wellness practices.
We are situated on a 230-acre, certified organic farm, 20 minutes away from Byron Bay and Mullumbimby. We have several established agroforestry gardens for our food production including food forests, market garden, nursery garden and more. Our crew live onsite and are a diverse blend of amazing people from all around the world. Together we are here to co-create a thriving eco-reserve for the evolution of humanity and our earth.
Conscious Ground’s Volunteer Coordinator plays a key role in the recruitment, promotion, training, administration and support of volunteers.
The Volunteer Coordinator leads, guides and motivates volunteers and project team members and the community to achieve program and program objectives.
Some of the responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the implementation of Conscious Ground’s volunteer strategy.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations team to a determine volunteer needs and ensure that the current registered volunteers have the skillsets that align with operational requirements.
- Coordination of volunteer recruitment in collaboration with the Operations team. This includes screening, interviewing, reference checking and coordinating probity checks such as criminal record checks and working with children check if applicable.
- Coordinating individual and group onboarding and inductions and activity briefs to ensure that volunteers are informed on how to carry out their designated role.
- Prepare and regularly update the volunteer induction training policy material including the development of content for future online induction training.
- Plan regular recruitment sessions for new Conscious Ground volunteers to ensure consistent volunteer numbers and coverage each day.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven experience as a Volunteer Coordinator in a small to medium-size company.
- Industry experience of working in an NGO, NFP or Australian charity desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, coordinate and supervise volunteers.
- Strong personal and team-based organisational skills, including the ability to coordinate projects.
- Ability to work weekends and evening as required
- Experience in office administration and database management.
- Strong MS Office skills and a high level of accuracy when working with information and data.
- Experience working alongside volunteers.
- Understanding and commitment to the principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating training and volunteer programs.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
- Full Time 38 hours per week, 12 months fixed term with opportunity to extend and grow with our organisation
- A full farm to table experience with the food we grow and raise by our Kitchen team including 2 organic catered meals per day (breakfast & lunch), Monday to Friday
- Between $55,000 - $65,000 + super
- Shared onsite accommodation can be provided.
If you are a good communicator looking to make a difference who shares our values of “We can all reach higher every day towards our true potential through individual and collaborative learning experience’’ Conscious Ground invites you to apply for this extraordinary and rewarding Volunteer Coordinator opportunity.
For further information, email: email@example.com using the subject line: Volunteer Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Visit our YouTube channel to find out more about Conscious Ground Australia.
A position description is attached.