- SALARY $80,000 pa plus Super
- POSITION TYPE Full time 1.0 EFT - negotiable with the right candidate
- REPORTS TO ILBIJERRI Executive
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to sustain and grow revenue, and to achieve the fundraising and philanthropic goals of the company. The Development Manager is responsible for securing and managing philanthropic revenue including individual donors, trusts and foundations, corporate partners and other funding bodies. The Development Manager will work closely with the Artistic Director and General Manager to ensure the success of ILBIJERRI’s Partnerships Plan.
ABOUT ILBIJERRI THEATRE COMPANY
The longest established First Nations Theatre Company in Australia, ILBIJERRI creates, presents and tours powerful and engaging theatre by First Nations artists that gives voice to our cultures.
ILBIJERRI is committed to growing a sustainable and vibrant First Nations arts ecology, and is investing in the next generation of First Nations theatre makers and industry professionals.
Deep listening with and for community and country is central to our work. We take seriously our role as cultural leaders, continuing to make work that speaks to the truth of this country, sometimes with humour, but always celebrating the extraordinary resilience and strength of First Nations people.
With nearly 30 years of passionate work behind us, ILBIJERRI continues to bring the brilliance and sophistication of bold, black voices to audiences from country halls to the big stages of the world.
To read more about ILBIJERRI’s work, Mission and Values visit our website at Ilbijerri.com.au.
Fundraising and Relationship Management
- Establish best practices and systems to support the company’s development strategy, including maintaining and managing the company database;
- In collaboration with the ILBIJERRI team, identify future needs, trends and resources for effective and meaningful fundraising that aligns with the company’s values.
- Develop a strong and clear communications systems for all donors (current and prospective)
- Collaborate with the ILBIJERRI team to coordinate engagement activities for partners and supporters
- Develop schedules and meet deadlines to ensure all initiatives are activated to maximise private giving income
- Work closely with the Artistic Director, General Manager and Marketing Manager to ensure an effective and integrated communications and messaging for the company.
- Manage and deliver the acquittal of philanthropic, sponsorship and/or private grant funding agreements including acquittals and reporting in collaboration with the General Manager
- In conjunction with the General Manager and Finance Manager, contribute to the development of the annual budget and development targets
- Manage and provide regular financial tracking updates on budgets and development targets
- Follow all financial policies and processes within the company.
Success in the role of ILBIJERRI’s Development Manager will be measured by:
- Securing and expanding revenue from trusts, foundations and individual donors
- Growth in the overall amount of donor revenue
- Successful launch of a Patrons Program
- Achieving increasing levels of donor engagement to support the company’s artistic goals and projects
- Increase in numbers of people who attend donor and key events
- Efficient budget management and reporting
- Accurate database management.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in fundraising, sales and/or marketing
- Proven record of implementing successful fundraising campaigns, achieving revenue targets, managing budgets, meeting deadlines, and maximising opportunities in an arts or closely-related sector
- A commitment to working with First Nations cultures and communities, particularly in relation to arts practice, and a commitment to furthering ILBIJERRI’s Mission in line with our organisational Values
- Knowledge and/or experience of the contemporary performing arts and First Nations performing arts sectors, and experience working with artists, performers and the creative process
- High level communication, negotiation, strategic and analytical, research, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent relationship and people management skills