- Location: Sydney
- This is a 3-year fixed term contract position
Position Summary/ Objective
Working with the Regional Director, support the effective development and implementation of IFAW’s habitat restoration programme with and through partners including, local NGOs and landholder networks as part of the Landscape Conservation Program in Australia. This Fixed Term Contract will focus on providing technical input and coordination of actions for IFAW in liaison with on ground partners engaged in research and habitat restoration of critical koala and other wildlife for the period that IFAW has committed to engage.
Role and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Regional and Landscape Conservation Program Directors support the strategic development and implementation of IFAW’s landscape conservation program within Australia focusing on koala habitat restoration and connectivity campaign.
- In collaboration with the Regional and other Program Directors, plays an integral part in the strategic development of program integration with Rescue program areas to ensure the institutional objectives of cross programmatic integration are realized in target areas.
- With guidance from the Regional and Landscape Conservation Directors ensure effective planning and budgeting of Oceania landscape Conservation projects line with institutional goals and support administrative systems within the program function to ensure high quality project planning and reporting, including preparing and monitoring work plans, budgets, and technical reports.
- In collaboration with the Regional Director and Landscape Conservation Director support development of project proposals and be responsible for identifying new program opportunities and assisting with conducting due diligence to ensure alignment with institutional goals. .
- Ensures that the effective development of strategies for IFAW habitat and koala corridor restoration are designed to change public, government and business behavior, in collaboration with the Regional Director, Program Directors and appropriate IFAW wide program staff.
- Collaborate with relevant staff on project-related communications including writing, editing and helping with web stories, fact sheets, publications and other knowledge and communications material.
- Provide technical expertise to support timely and quality delivery of projects outputs and outcomes and ensure the long-term impact of project activities as it relates to Landscape Conservation program and enhance IFAW presence.
- Represents, when necessary and appropriate, IFAW and the Landscape Conservation Director at partner meetings, and works with the regional team to promote and develop the Director’s role as key spokesperson for IFAW in the program area.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of animal welfare and conservation issues as well as other related issues, including collaborating with leading research institutions on conservation connectivity initiatives. Ensure the Regional Director and Program Directors are kept fully briefed of programmatic strategic developments.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Appropriate education/work experience in animal welfare/conservation.
- At least 4 years’ experience in programme management in animal welfare/conservation.
- An effective knowledge of media, national and international politics and conservation trends.
- Have a sound knowledge of all the program areas IFAW is involved in institutionally.
- Proven track-record in working on implementation of programs and an understanding of the importance of planning, monitoring and evaluation in delivering effective programmes.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- GIS and Remote Sensing capabilities desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English.
- Able to undertake regular regional (interstate) travel within Australia.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities will change from time to time to meet the needs of the department and our company.
At IFAW, we aim to create and foster a workforce that reflects and contributes to the diverse, global community in which we work to improve the lives of both animals and people. We are dedicated to fostering justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion so we actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds.