Independent Community Living Australia (ICLA) is a not-for-profit, charity organisation with over 30 years experience delivering accommodation and psychosocial supports for people with complex mental health issues and disabilities. ICLA recruits and trains staff based on values of accountability, results, respect and integrity.
About the Role
The Property and Assets Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining and improving multiple properties and fleet to ensure that our standards are met whilst upholding WHS compliance. This role will conduct minor maintenance duties, undertake and facilitate asset projects and develop strategies to minimise co2 emissions throughout ICLA's properties.
- Develop budgets and execute property improvement projects
- Manage external trades and oversee quality of trades.
- Proactively attend to general maintenance of ICLA properties.
- Generate preventative maintenance measurements.
- Design, budget, plan and conduct minor building works.
- Safeguard and ensure workspaces are compliant with WHS standards.
- Conduct and coordinate residential refurbishments.
- Maintain , update and monitor asset registers for all properties.
- Develop, budget and implement strategy for fleet management.
- Ensure external contractors are cost effective, quality assured and trustworthy.
- Experience building strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Experience consulting and developing plans and budgets, managing external contractors and completing projects on time
- Experience and qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing general property maintenance, repairs and minor construction.
- Trades related background or Cert IV qualification equivalent
- Experience in a wide range of maintenance functions including but not limited to;
Cabinet and furniture repair and assembly
Design planning and budgeting of minor construction and maintenance projects
Light fixtures experience and skills
- Senior First Aid qualifications
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in asset management and vehicle maintenance
- Understanding of Australian Work, Health and Safety standards
- Computer literate with confidence in Microsoft excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Our VISION - The people we support, our staff and the organisation, all thrive
Our MISSION - We deliver personalised support enabling individual choice to improve people's lives.
Respect for all
Integrity in all we do
Results for those we serve
Accountable in all we do