The IncludeAbility Project is a program in the Disability Rights portfolio area of the Commission that commenced in 2020.
IncludeAbility has 4 components:
- an Employer Network, comprised of senior leaders/CEOs from private and public sector employers
- an Ambassador Advisory Group, comprised of people with lived experience of disability
- a web portal that hosts a range of resources to support the Employer Network and employers more generally
- pilot employment programs designed to increase employment for people with disability
The IncludeAbility Project Team works collaboratively with the Director – Disability Rights and Disability Discrimination Commissioner to deliver key Commission priorities, particularly in relation to disability employment more broadly.
The Secretariat is responsible for the provision of secretariat and administrative support to the IncludeAbility Project. In the first six months, the Secretariat will be responsible for supporting activities to co-design the next phase of IncludeAbility. From then on, this position will coordinate the activities of the Employer Network and Ambassador Advisory Group, manage updates to the IncludeAbility website and provide general administrative support to the team.
Under the direction of the Director, IncludeAbility, and the Director, Disability Rights, the Secretariat will undertake a range of duties:
- Provide comprehensive and timely secretariat support to the IncludeAbility Project, including:
- arranging meetings and communicating with the Employer Network and Ambassador Advisory Group
- organising travel and accommodation arrangements and bookings for the team to various events and in relation to the pilot employment programs.
- database, file and record management (hardcopy and electronic)
- coordination of communication such as correspondence and telephone calls, including drafting responses on behalf of the Director, taking minutes at meetings, etc.
- Under direction, undertake research tasks including researching and analysing organisational policy documents, workforce and other data, research papers and media articles.
- With the support of the web management team, coordinate and maintain the IncludeAbility Resource Portal including managing and updating educational and awareness tools and resources hosted on the portal, to ensure the content is current and relevant.
- Event management and logistics co-ordination for major meetings and internal Commission events as required.
- Assist in drafting and uploading social media content and preparing content for other IncludeAbility communications.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders across a range of constituencies, communities, government agencies and organisations.
- Other duties consistent with the above as requested.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high-level administrative support.
- Very good organisational and administrative skills including technology/computer skills, to set priorities and to meet deadlines.
- With direction and support from supervisor and peers, ability to conduct research and analyse policy issues and contribute to preparing reports on project activities and milestones.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to contribute to building and maintaining positive relationships internal and external stakeholders, as part of a team.
- Good written communication skills including ability to write clearly and effectively, for a wide range of audiences.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Understanding of contemporary human rights issues within Australia
This position is open only to people with disability. This is a disability affirmative measure under Section 27 of the Australian Public Service Commissioner’s Direction’s 2016.
Reasonable adjustments will be made in line with the candidate’s needs, and customisation of the role will be considered if required. We encourage candidates to request reasonable adjustments at any stage during the recruitment process by contacting [insert name of hiring manager]
Further information about this role can be obtained from Sophia Rinaldis by email on [email protected] using the subject line: IncludeAbility Secretariat enquiry via EthicalJobs.
To apply for this role, please provide your resume and a cover letter telling us how your skills, and experience meet the selection criteria – you do not have to address each selection criteria separately.