The Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD is a growing 43,000-member strong union that aims to use its collective power to build a fair and just society through improving conditions for our members in the health and aged care industry. The organisation’s annual turnover is approximately $24m, with an employee base of approximately 120 staff.
The Health Services Union offers a collaborative environment which focuses on teamwork, empowerment, innovation, integrity and accountability.
About the role:
The primary function of this role is to provide information, support, advice and representation to Members on issue that affect their working lives.
The key responsibilities:
- Interacting with Members: taking calls and greeting members in person in response to their needs and concerns. Delivering high-quality member service, listening to members’ requests and working to find the appropriate solution
- Investigating and Resolving Complaints: Face members complaints, provide solutions. Interact with internal resources to identify the issues, responded to concerns and follow-up with a satisfactory resolution in a timely and effective manner
- Provide Information: Ongoing education and information to members in regard to the organisation’s benefits, policies and procedures
- Case Management: Provide sound advice on non-complex dispute resolution as required
You will have:
- Demonstrated ability to use a PC and related commercial software packages
- Good interpersonal skills for both internal and external communications and relationships
- Ability to organise, prioritise and perform multiple tasks concurrently
- Contribute to a supportive, open atmosphere and team environment
- Conflict and problem-solving skills
Remuneration up to$76,066 per annum (subject to skills, experience, and qualifications) plus superannuation and other generous benefits.
For further information, contact Ayshe Lewis by email: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Member Services Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.