Our next Head of Development is a highly experienced fundraising professional with an entrepreneurial approach, working with the Leadership team and the CEO to achieve our long term funding goals. This role is responsible for driving key strategic partnerships that deliver meaningful, beneficial outcomes for our members to help them to change their relationship with alcohol.
The Head of Development will work in collaboration with the CEO and the Leadership team to strategically lead, direct and develop fundraising initiatives. The role is responsible for the growth and diversification of Hello Sunday Mornings’ fundraising portfolio and has end of line responsibility for fundraising and philanthropic propositions in the community.
Following a recent change in leadership, we have an organisation wide focus on diversity of revenue and sustainability into the future. You will work closely with our CEO in the implementation of a new Fundraising Strategy ensuring sustainable and long term partnerships are prioritised with the aim to grow our untied funding over the long term in a way that is also practical for the HSM team to deliver.
Key Accountability Areas:
Develop and implement funding plans to improve organisational sustainability
- Lead the development and implementation of fundraising strategy to increase gross and net revenue and untied funding.
- Benchmark and increase ROI and net revenue on all funding programs.
Grow Government Funding
- Meet annual gross and net revenue government revenue targets.
- Implement government strategy.
- Develop strong relationships with state and federal governments.
Grow Philanthropic Funding
- Lead the Head of Philanthropy to grow existing and future philanthropic partners.
- Direct oversight of pitching, contract negotiations, reporting and acquittal.
- Support implementation of funding plans.
Grow Sustainable Commercial Partnerships
- Establish commercial partnerships that capitalise on synergies, collaborate on fundraising objectives and ultimately grow capacity.
- Build support through the implementation and management of income-generating strategies by thinking strategically and tactically about the relationship between funders and income goals.
- Work closely with the Finance Lead to determine return on investment of contracts.
Implement and Grow Individual Giving
- Work closely with the CEO and key stakeholders to develop and implement our Individual Giving Strategy.
- Ensure the short and long term Individual Giving Strategy is implemented effectively to grow and optimise our donor base.
You have a significant track record of proven success in raising new income streams, leading a team and an organisation through strategic alignment, demonstrating strong mentoring and communication skills, outstanding relationship management and building sustainable alliances and partnerships with corporates and major donors.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications with at least 7 years’ experience in development and donor relations within the NFP sector.
- Demonstrated skills in strategic and resource planning, goal setting and attainment, and project management.
- Extensive experience at a senior level in developing, leading and implementing multi-channel fundraising strategies to achieve growth in fundraising income.
- Extensive experience in leading the development of internal and external partnerships and networks to drive synergies and collaboration.
- Demonstrated success closing $1 million + gifts and working in a target driven environment.
- Expert influencing skills and the demonstrated ability to garner support and commitment for major projects across a growing organisation.
About the Perks
- Flexible, remote work options beyond COVID-19
- Access to our Mental Health and Wellness program
- Access to a large individual professional development budget
- Friendly, supportive, values-led culture
Please apply ASAP.