We have an excellent opportunity for a Grant Writer & Contract Coordinator to join Hello Sunday Morning's Fundraising team. As well as writing high-quality grant applications you will draw information from the Executive Leadership Team and other key staff, working closely with our data and finance teams. This will support you to coordinate all contract reporting, including reporting our progress against contractual obligations for both internal and external audiences.
This is a full time role, with options to work from anywhere in the East Coast of Australia.
- Production (writing, editing and proofreading) of all grant submissions
- Maintain records on Trusts and Foundation donors and Government Grants including prospect research
- Assist with identifying items to fundraise for and match potential donors
- Collate relevant information and ensure high-quality funding applications are submitted within deadlines
- Monitor deadlines in respect of applications and acquittals
- Follow up approaches, check the progress of applications and monitor final outcomes
- Provide assistance in the areas of Trusts and Philanthropic donations as required
- Investigate grant project management systems (e.g. SharePoint, RFP365; RFPIO) and make recommendations our Executive team
- Participate in webinars and grant/tender writer forums to achieve best industry practice
- Track and report on contract deliverables for HSM, to support the successful and timely achievement of our contractual obligations.
- Conduct monthly program evaluations and generate reports
- Ensure all HSM contractual deliverables and obligations are understood, assigned to responsible staff, and stored in a system to track progress
- Regularly document progress against contractual deliverable and escalate contract risks and issues to the Executive Team
- Improve HSM document management practices for contracts and external reporting, and ensure all documentation is secure and readily accessible
- Ensure necessary data and information collection processes are in place to inform reporting
- Write timely and accurate reports for funders, the HSM Board, and other stakeholders
- Liaise with funders and ensure HSM responds to their reporting requests and meets their performance expectations
- Regular monitoring of contractual obligations with relevant systems kept up-to-date
- Advocate for and promote HSM contractual obligations in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
You will exceed in delivering well-written, highly-useful reports. You will be driven by process and deadlines, highly organised, and skilled at streamlining processes and increasing organisational efficiency.
- Demonstrated major grants writing and success, with an ability to provide references regarding success
- Experience and success in fundraising in a similar role, with an ability to provide references regarding success
- Demonstrated strong internal management and project management skills
- Demonstrated grant management experience
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Proven ability to write with the intent to attract funding
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise and develop relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with a proactive and solution-orientated approach
- Ability to manage time efficiently and work to deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated Experiencing writing health and/or medical grants
About the perks:
- Work remote options for those outside of Sydney! Open to all candidates on the East Coast of Australia.
- We proactively foster career development and invest in professional development to build on your existing skills. This role comes with your own individual professional development budget to attend training and/or conferences.
- We have a vibrant and flexible workplace culture with emphasis on purpose, our values and team collaboration.
- We encourage a combination of in office and work from home/ remote options for all HSM employees.
- Our office is conveniently located in Surry Hills, a short walk from Central Station
- Most importantly, we are very social with team outings and weekly team lunches and we love dogs - you can bring your dog to work!