Biala Peninsula is an NDIS accredited registered provider based in Mornington, providing programs to children in Melbourne's Bayside, Mornington Peninsula and surrounds. Our transdisciplinary teams use a 'wrap around' approach to service provision for our clients, their carers and families. Our 'north star' at Biala is to help children feel like they belong and are connected to family and community life.
We are seeking a highly skilled Business Manager to join the Leadership Team, as our organisation grows. This is a full time permanent role.
Reporting to the CEO, some key areas of responsibility are:
- Ensure smooth performance and overall efficiency of the Operational functions of the organisation.
- Review, develop and implement financial policies and procedures to support effective and consistent operations and enhance efficiencies.
- Ensure quality control over financial activities and reporting.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Prepare, present and execute a 3-year Financial plan in line with Biala Peninsula’s strategic plan.
- Participate in planning, implementing, reporting and evaluating any potential opportunities, initiatives or threats to financial operations and activities.
- Identifies and builds relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are met.
- Develop and implement strategies to diversify revenue streams, including engaging and partnering with government, philanthropic, business, research, consultants, subcontractors and industry stakeholders.
- Review the financial key performance areas and report issues and present potential solutions.
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential improvement.
- Compile key business metrics and report on them.
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and cash flow analysis.
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested.
Other functional areas of oversight are:
- Human Resources,
- Workplace Health and Safety (WHS),
- Governance and Compliance and
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills,
- Proven experience in developing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent formal qualifications in Business, Commerce, Accounting and/or Financial Management.
- Minimum of five years’ progressively responsible experience in financial duties with a medium sized organisation.
- At least 8 years’ experience in a Leadership role.
- Proven experience in developing sound business plans with in-depth financial data and analysis.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software including payroll functionality.
- Minimum of intermediate level understanding of Excel with substantial practical experience using spreadsheets.
- Highly organised with great attention to detail.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Experience in a shared services environment - desirable
- Experience in a NFP organisation - desirable.
- 5 day OHS Training - desirable.
As an individual you will possess:
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- The desire to make a difference,
- Strong commitment to ethical behaviour and conduct, and
- Be diligent, act honestly and display integrity in all undertakings.
In return we offer; in-house salary sacrificing option, competitive salary for the right candidate, commitment to your career and culture of professional development.
Thank you in your interest in this role and Biala Peninsula.