ABOUT HOPE STREET
Hope Street Youth and Family Services Limited ("Hope Street") is a leading specialist youth homelessness services in Victoria with over 40 years’ experience in delivering services to young people and young families in the western and northern growth corridors of Melbourne.
Hope Street have partnered with the Ian Potter Foundation to deliver the First Response Youth Mobile Outreach program within the City of Melton and surrounding LGA. The service currently operates 7 days per week from 9.30am until 10.30pm 365 day a year.
If you are a passionate, objective and hands-on Case Manager that has experience with young people in an assertive outreach capacity and can demonstrate reflective and evidence-based practice, we want to hear from you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This is a great opportunity for a dedicated, open-minded outreach worker for a part-time fixed-term position in Melton, close to public transport.
Through an assertive outreach model, in this role you will proactively:
- Seek and assist young people or families who are sleeping rough in the City of Melton and surrounding LGA
- Respond to enquiries, agency referrals and engage with young people or families at risk of, or experiencing homelessness
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with surrounding local government agencies, emergency departments, schools and referrals
- Utilise assessment tools including initial assessment and planning to identify client and resource requirements.
- Provide advocacy where required, immediate support and information, including referral to the wider community services networks in Melton; and
- Provide intensive case management support to assist with accessing appropriate homelessness services as well as diversion from the homelessness service system.
You will be available to work a set fortnightly roster Monday to Sunday, with varying shifts (9.30 am to 5 pm) and (3.30 pm – 10.30pm).
Please refer to the Position Description for more information about the role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation where you can have a real impact and be part of a team achieving quality outcomes for young people.
We are Offering:
- A passionate, collaborative case management and community support team
- A fixed term contract until June 2022 - Part-time 63 hrs per fortnight
- Attractive penalty rates for evening, weekend shifts
- NFP salary concessions - Receive up to $18,450 of your salary tax free
- You have a Bachelor Degree qualification in Social Work, Youth Work, Family Therapy, Psychology or other health/welfare related area.
- You have demonstrated experience working with young people who are at risk or experiencing homelessness and an understanding of allied services best placed to support and divert young people from homelessness.
- You have knowledge and experience of reflective evidence-based practice and trauma informed practice frameworks.
- Your friendly, open-minded and determined nature means that you can build relationships quickly with clients in crisis and of diverse cultural backgrounds; and key stakeholders in the community.
- You have highly developed communication skills including writing, listening, negotiation, problem solving, decision making and advocacy.
- You are highly competent using Microsoft applications and Case Management Software and assessment tools.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Shai Diner, Program Manager 0423 590 374 for a confidential discussion or email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Case Manager - First Response Youth Mobile Outreach Service enquiry via EthicalJobs.