Kanyirninpa Jukurrpa (KJ) is an established, successful and highly regarded Indigenous organisation based in Newman.
It is owned and run by Martu people from the Western Desert, operating as an independent company for ten years. KJ actively works in the remote communities of Jigalong, Parnngurr, Punmu and Kunawarritji to meet the aspirations of Martu.
- Busy and varied work in a supported environment
- Lead and facilitate a team of skilled rangers
- Be part of a fantastic working culture where your contributions are valued
- Generous leave entitlements
We are seeking enthusiastic and self-motivated people with a sense of adventure for the role of Ranger Coordinator.
Currently, there are roles available in Jigalong community in the eastern Pilbara region of Western Australia.
The Ranger Coordinator will need to have a particular focus on:
- Ensuring that the program is vibrant, relevant and engaging to Martu;
- Time spent on country with the Martu people;
- Ensuring alignment and close cooperation between this program and KJ’s other activities, in line with KJ’s strategic plan;
- Participating in the planning and delivery of KJ’s integrated activities for the community in which they operate; and
- Looking after the development and welfare of rangers in that community.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in community development/outdoor education/environmental management/related field
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Ability to be creative and innovative
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment is advantageous
Please contact Jodie Rowell at email@example.com using the subject line: Ranger Coordinator / Community Development enquiry via EthicalJobs for further information and an application package.