- 2-3 days a week (flexible)
Banjima Native Title Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC (BNTAC) is the prescribed body corporate holding native title on trust for the Banjima People.
The Banjima native title determination area covers a large area of land and waters in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. There are approximately 500 adult Banjima People and many more Banjima children.
BNTAC is a charitable organisation with several objectives that include to provide relief for disadvantaged Aboriginal people, maintain and support traditions, laws, language and culture of Banjima people, as well as provide economic, social and cultural benefits, including housing, training and education.
BNTAC also acts as the ‘Local Aboriginal Corporation’ under two large indigenous land use agreements between mining companies and the Banjima People.
About the role
The primary objective of this role is to efficiently and effectively receive and process membership applications in a timely manner as well as overseeing the governance of keeping compliant records of membership registers.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receive and process membership applications in a timely manner.
- Liaise with applicants to keep them informed of progress and status of their application.
- Carry out stringent checks of documentation supplied, verifying legitimacy and accuracy of all information.
- Request statutory declarations or other supporting documents from applicant if required to support the application.
- Prepare reports for Elders Council and Board to enable full and thorough consideration of applications.
- Ensure accurate process and recording of allocations of membership category to the different trust structure sub-categories and sub-funds.
- Liaise with the trustee, AET, to ensure timely and accurate flow of information.
- Liaise with Member Services Team Leader to ensure accurate and timely update of the CRM system.
- Maintain accurate and up to date Membership Registers for all membership categories.
- Liaise with Finance Manager to provide membership details and registers for AGM payment processing.
- Liaise with ORIC to ensure the online records are up to date and accurate.
- Create a BNTAC Membership Compliance Manual, including full processes, policies and checklists (this has been started and there are several documents that need to be brought together or updated to create the manual)
- Carry out regular self-audit of all records - cross checking documentation with Sharepoint records, ORIC records, CRM and excel records.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
- Confidence to liaise with the trustee and members directly on matters related to membership processing.
- Broad understanding and appreciation of legal structure, ORIC requirements, the trust structures and Banjima membership beneficiary categories
- Understanding of the importance of compliance and impact on membership
- Desire to assist Banjima members to get timely outcomes, with a focus on customer service.
- Strong research and filing skills.
- Proficient with CRM, Microsoft and particularly excel spreadsheets (or aptitude and willingness to learn and pick up quickly)
- Ability to create and maintain policy and procedure documents.
- Cultural competence, especially with Aboriginal people.
This role will be approximately 2-3 days a week (flexible). Training and upskilling will be provided as needed.
Banjima, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.