Play a major role in growing Australia’s most innovative health startup.
Kinela is on a mission to radically change healthcare for people with disabilities and older Australians—giving them the tools to live happier, healthier and more independent lives. Through affordable, convenient and nutritious meal-delivery services; and innovative allied health programs (including dietetics, speech pathology and occupational therapy); Kinela supports thousands of customers across Australia to achieve their health and wellbeing goals.
As a certified B Corporation business, and a registered provider in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), Kinela is considered an innovative leader, and industry disruptor, in driving significant positive impact for the disability community.
Kinela is seeking a candidate who can utilise their extensive hands-on experience in managing swallowing difficulties, dysphagia, and to provide support for those with communication difficulties. The successful candidate will work closely with a team of allied health professionals to deliver services through online therapy to clients across Australia.
- Supporting people via Kinela online therapy, including:
- Assess swallowing and communication difficulties and disorders, devise and support implementation of individual client programs and plans
- Develop case notes, complete assessments and reporting as required for the NDIS using Kinela’s CRM platform
- Maintain effective and regular communication with stakeholders
- Management and prioritisation of people with highly complex needs
- Work with a team of allied health professionals and communicate effectively to provide quality service
- Attend and participate in case conferences and team meetings where required
- Make appropriate referrals to internal and external services
- Work closely with clients to implement their individualised NDIS plan and access supports available to them via mixed delivery modes
Kinela is looking for a dynamic and operationally focused professional, with the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in speech pathology acceptable to Speech Pathologist Association of Australia as a practicing member
- At least 2 years practical experience in providing speech pathology Services in a disability, aged care or a rehabilitation setting, including knowledge of Restrictive Practices guidelines
- A deep commitment to enabling people with disabilities to meet their goals and aspirations
- Experience working with an adult caseload, including experience in management of dysphagia and communication difficulties
- Experience delivering training or therapy programs to participants their and support network via telehealth/online therapy
- Ability to work methodically and demonstrate a respect for process adherence, whilst continuously seeking opportunities to improve outcomes and processes
- High level attention to detail and a demonstrated passion for excellence
- Commitment to Kinela’s values; generosity, empathy, integrity, courage and optimism. Genuinely cares about improving the health of individuals, their families and communities
- Must have current clear national criminal record check and working with children check
- Must have a current Australian driver’s license and your own insured reliable vehicle. Comfortable with traveling to rural locations to provide services where required
The role will appeal to a passionate and empathetic person that cares deeply about their clients. This position is best suited to someone who can work autonomously, feels comfortable with online therapy and who can also work well in a group/team environment.
- Opportunity to help deliver market leading services to those most in need
- Continued professional develop and clinical supervision
- Supportive team of allied health professionals
- Flexible work arrangements, including working from home
- A for-purpose work culture with a fun, friendly team and supportive environment