Kinela is on a mission to radically change healthcare for people with disabilities and older Australians—giving them the tools to live happier, healthier and more independent lives.
We do this by providing personalised health and wellbeing programs, innovative allied health services (including dietetics, speech pathology and occupational therapy) and nutritious home-delivered meals. And we’re only just getting started. Headquartered in Sydney, we empower thousands of clients across Australia to achieve their health and wellbeing goals.
We are at the beginning of our product journey and looking for our first engineering hire. This is a rare gem of an opportunity for you to join an exciting scale up business and build new products from the ground up. There are no haunted code bases to inherit. This is your tech stack and your team to build from scratch with a genuine opportunity to grow into a head of engineering and/or CTO role as the company scales.
Working side by side with the head of product, you will be deeply involved in shaping the product vision and bringing this to life. You will lead on engineering best practices, processes, solution architecture, engineering hires, development languages and frameworks. You will build digital experiences which shape how our customers and staff interact with our products and services on a daily basis.
- Write, deploy and maintain business critical software features into production (You will be very hands on at the beginning)
- Own the software development lifecycle from development to production and maintenance.
- Break down large scale problems and solutions into bite sized iterable chunks of work which are iteratively delivered.
- Design and execute a technology vision and strategy to enable the product strategy and support critical business functions.
- Design and implement systems architecture which will set us up for success now and in the future.
- Hire and build out a high performing engineering team.
- Setup key processes, tools and infrastructure to build and scale an engineering team.
Required skills & experience
- 7+ years working with full stack progressive web technologies.
- Experience leading a team of engineers in both a technical and people leadership capacity.
- Experience running and operating production-grade systems at scale in public cloud environments.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred skills & attributes
- Experience working with PostgreSQL, Django and Python.
- Practical knowledge and commercial deployment of Heroku, AppEngine or other equivalent Platform as a Service
- Infrastructure as code - Experience with configuration and orchestration tools for AWS or similar cloud provider (Terraform, Kubernetes, Ansible)
- Experience creating and executing an overarching technology strategy.
- Experience building and deploying scalable web applications from scratch.
- Experience in building and configuring public cloud environments and deployment pipelines from scratch.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Flexible working arrangements, including assistance with home office set up.
- A mental health and wellbeing program and allowance
- For-purpose empowerment - confidence that your work is having a positive impact in the world and serving an important mission as part of a creative, friendly and collaborative team.
- Personal growth - we are on the scale- up journey, so you’ll be challenged with exceptional opportunities for growth. You’ll be out of your comfort zone at times but well supported by experienced peers and leaders from major corporates and startups.
- Ownership and Accountability - You will lead/manage one of the most critical functions in the business and be given real responsibility to build and grow your team as the business scales.
- Be part of a socially responsible organisation that pledges 1% of equity, products and employee time to charity.
More about Kinela
Kinela is a registered provider in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and healthcare innovator and thought leader that is implementing new approaches and programs that have a positive impact on the clients and communities we support. We are also a certified B Corporation, and we make social responsibility our business.