- Be part of a strategic, collaborative team committed to youth mental health
- Newly created part time position
- Hybrid working model - work from home and in our CBD office
What is headspace National
headspace is a well-recognised, national not-for-profit organisation making a difference to the lives of young people aged 12-25 years. To learn more about headspace and the services we offer, visit headspace.org.au.
About the role
This exciting new position is leading the development and coordination of headspace initiatives to better support young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds accessing headspace services.
- Work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to design and deliver projects and activities
- Strengthen service delivery to develop more culturally responsive practices
- Increase employment opportunities for people with refugee and migrant backgrounds
- Drive policy and advocacy efforts
- Engage with culturally diverse young people and communities
- Improve support and engagement of the headspace refugee and migrant background workforce
Who we're looking for
- headspace strongly encourages people from a Refugee or Migrant background to apply
- Experience in Health or Mental Health, Human Services, Human Resources, Community Development, Social Science or related area
- Experience in the development and delivery of employment and development policies, initiatives or programs for culturally diverse communities
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the migrant and refugee experience in Australia, including the barriers these experiences may place on help-seeking in young people from culturally diverse backgrounds, along with the strengths they may possess as a result of these experiences
- Exceptional leadership, planning and program/project management skills at both strategic and operational levels
- Capacity to assess and manage risk, problem solve and negotiate successful outcomes
- Experience in developing presentations and facilitating workshops or initiatives that build the cultural understanding and capacity of staff
- Demonstrate initiative and experience in building relationships and strategic partnerships with government, non-government and community partners, utilising exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as autonomously
What's on offer
- A workplace where people are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work
- Excellent salary packaging up to the maximum amount (for further info go to Smart Salary)
- Hybrid work environment where you can work from home and in the CBD office
- Professional development opportunities
- First-rate CBD location with great on site facilities
- A focus on well-being
- A commitment to diversity
- This is a part time position
How to Apply
Click on 'Apply Now' to complete your application.
A position description is attached.
You will need to upload a resume and cover letter telling us why you are the best candidate for the role considering the 'key responsibilities' found in the position description.
We will fill this role as soon as we find the right person and will be reviewing applications as soon as received, so if this role appeals to you, apply now.
For more information contact Kate Raseta, National Initiatives Lead email: KRaseta@headspace.org.au using the subject line: Refugee and Migrant Practice Advisor enquiry via EthicalJobs.
** headspace strongly encourages people from a Refugee or Migrant background to apply **
To be eligible for this position you must have the right to live and work in Australia. A Working with Children Check (or State/Territory equivalent) and a Police Check are required for this position.
headspace is committed to being a child safe and child friendly organisation that recognises, respects and promotes the rights of children, young and vulnerable people.
The headspace Reconciliation Action Plan was launched in July 2019 and was developed through a co-design process with staff across the organisation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all current vacancies.