HCO, a progressive growing Disability Service Provider, is looking for an experienced Senior Support Coordinator to join our committed team. With a focus on client plan support, this position will contribute to HCO’s achievement of its vision and mission in supporting people with disability. This role will report to the General Manager, supporting clients to achieve their goals through their NDIS plan.
Your duties will include:
This position’s key aims are to provide support coordination to clients in the implementation, review processes and ongoing maintenance of NDIS plans and services. That is:
- To work creatively and resourcefully with clients in how they utilise their plan budgets to achieve plan goals
- To provide assistance to strengthen client’s capabilities to identify, coordinate and implement both formal and informal supports and services to participate more fully in the community
- Maintain neutrality in presentation, review and management of service provider options through working in the best interest of the client and keeping records reflecting such neutrality
- Supervise Level 4 Support Coordinator
- Develop, maintain and contribute to data recording and reporting
To be successful in this role you will have as a minimum:
- Qualifications in Social Work or equivalent and/or significant experience in a case management or support coordinator role
- Experience in networking, linking and communicating with other services across health, community and social sectors
- Experience in setting and managing finances and budgets
- Experience in data entry and management of client records
- Be results-focussed demonstrating excellent time management and organisational skills
- Working knowledge of statutory, regulatory, legal and legislative requirements relevant to Disability Service Standards, WH&S, Equal Opportunity and Anti-Discrimination
- Informed current knowledge of principles and practices, relevant to best practice in service delivery pertinent to the Disability sector and NDIS and Human Services generally
- Ability to recognise and manage conflicts of interest
- Self-motivation, initiative and a commitment to the rights, access, dignity and development of persons with a disability
This is role is classified at Level 5 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 and the successful applicant will enjoy a range of benefits including full salary sacrifice options (increase your take home pay).
To access to the Job & Person description please visit our website at www.hco.net.au or view the document attached.