Based in our Mt Barker Office, HCO is looking for an experienced, self- motivated Maintenance Support Officer, who possesses proven experience in a similar role, is proficient in the use of a range of machinery and power tools and has strong communication, problem solving and prioritising skills, to join our dynamic team.
You will report directly to the Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance, supporting them in the efficient, timely and effective maintenance services and repairs to all HCO locations to maintain operational functionality in accordance with statutory, regulatory and business requirements.
Your duties will include:
- Conduct reported repairs in a timely and responsible manner
- Ensure general repairs and maintenance work is carried out effectively in accordance with maintenance schedules and repair requests
- Liaise with contractors, specialist trades and service provider, where necessary to support maintenance and or repair activities in accordance with scope and schedule
- Maintain appropriate records and provide reports in accordance with business requirement
- Complete activities in accordance with a planned maintenance schedule
- Ensure general gardening and maintenance work is carried out effectively in accordance with planned schedule
- Maintain all tools and equipment in appropriate condition
- Maintain electrical safety testing and tagging in line with legislation
To be successful in this role you will have as desirable attributes:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a related role
- Proven experience in the use wide range of machinery and tools
- Undertaking repairs and maintenance tasks in a work environment
- Proven ability to work unsupervised and manage workload
- Managing competing priorities
- Working in a team environment
- Relevant Trade Qualification
- Knowledge of Safety inspection and maintenance standards for Australia
This is role is classified at Level 2 of the “Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, but salary can be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience. The successful applicant will also enjoy a range of benefits including full salary sacrifice options (increase your take home pay).
To obtain a Job & Person Specification and details of how to apply for the position please visit our website at www.hco.net.au.