Your new organisation
This large not for profit organisation provides essential support to individuals and families across the Northern Territory. They are currently seeking a Regional Manager for a permanent position based in Tennant Creek.
Your new role
Reporting into the General Manager- NT, you will be responsible for the supervision and direct management of a multidisciplinary team across Tennant and Ali Curung. In this key role you will ensure high quality and effective service delivery is met across a diverse range of programs which include counselling, housing support, family and community wellbeing, NDIS supports, mental health and youth programs.
Duties include but will not be limited to:
- Understanding the key requirements of the programs in the region and be able to support team leaders and staff to deliver on and add value to programs. This includes mitigating risks, ensuring compliance and working within policy and procedure
- Assist with establishing new programs as required
- Provide supervision to team leaders/staff and support the development of a structure that supports service delivery
- Develop a culture that is consistent with the organisations values and build a strong culture of accountability and innovation
- Take direction from Senior Management and support problem solving, escalation of critical issues up to management and manage issue resolution
- Responsible for advising the executive team on issues, challenges and opportunities in your region
- Advocating for client needs, ensuring high quality service delivery and identifying and strengthening partnerships with Aboriginal, non-Aboriginal organisations and government agencies
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful candidate you will have:
- A relevant qualification in social work, counselling, mental health or similar
- Previous experience in program service delivery with a proven ability to develop partnerships
- Strong management experience leading a multidisciplinary team
- Cultural awareness particularly with indigenous people
- Previous experience of working in remote communities highly advantageous
- The ability to travel on a regular basis
- A police check and OCHRE are required
What you'll get in return
In return you’ll enjoy a rewarding role, working for a large organisation that supports the local community. A salary of up to $104,926 plus 9.5% superannuation, 17.5% leave loading as well as salary sacrifice is on offer. Accommodation can also be provided for the first 3 months.
You may also be eligible for the NT’s Boundless Possible incentive.