- Based in Alice Springs, NT
- Offering flexible hours
Your new company
This Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation delivers primary health care to remote health centres across the APY Lands. They are now seeking a Program Manager to be based in Alice Springs on a permanent part-time basis (up to 30 hours per week).
Your new Role
As the Program Manager - Aged Care you will report into the General Manager and be responsible for the management of the Aged Care program and ensure best practice is met. This is a permanent part-time role with flexible working hours.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and expertise in policy development, strategic planning, and delivery of aged care services
- Ensure that the Aged Care Program goals and objectives are met
- Ensure optimal service delivery of the Aged Care Program through the securing and management of the required human, capital and financial resources to meet program goals and objectives
- Maintain systems and strive for continuous quality improvement
- Facilitate training, supervision, performance appraisal and professional development for Program staff
- Liaise and collaborate with Council Program Coordinators, managers and clinical staff to ensure that the Aged Care Program contributes to and reinforces the overall strategic goals of the organisation
- Ensure that aged care services delivered by the organisation comply with the relevant legislative and regulatory framework as per relevant funding agreements, and that services are delivered in a safe, equitable and culturally appropriate manner
- Coordinate and maintain accreditation of residential and community aged care services against the Residential and Home Care Standards as required.
- Ensure that aged care services are delivered in a manner that recognises the rights of clients to information, safety, respect and privacy
- Liaise with external service providers and other stakeholders relevant to the delivery of the Aged Care Program and aged care related services on the APY Lands
- Report regularly and as required to the Director, Medical Director, General Manager and Health Committee on the performance of the Aged Care Program
- Manage the Aged Care Program budget
What you need
- Tertiary qualifications in health, aged care or similar
- Proven ability to lead, communicate effectively and work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary health team in a cross cultural and complex environment
- Proven leadership experience in planning, implementing, managing and evaluating health programs
- Extensive knowledge of current national policy settings, funding arrangements and Government agencies relevant to the Indigenous aged care sector
- Previous experience in training, conducting workshops, or providing ongoing mentoring, knowledge transfer and support for staff
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- High level submission and report writing skills
- Previous experience working with remote aboriginal communities within the Health Sector is highly desirable
- Current police check and drivers’ licence
What you'll get in return
In return you will work for a forward-thinking aboriginal health organisation who help support people across the APY Lands. A salary of up to $130k FTE plus superannuation and salary sacrificing is also on offer.