- Rewarding role, great team, excellent benefits, salary packaging
- Opportunity to work with a fantastic organisation that makes a difference!
- Bendigo, Part-Time, Ongoing
Haven; Home, Safe is a for-purpose organisation which connects people to housing options and support services to enable them to find and keep a place to call home.
This position will work in the Homeless Hub Team to provide Initial Assessment and Planning and immediate response to our families and single people (over 18 yrs), and their accompanying children, who are homeless and/or experiencing housing issues.
- To assist families and individuals who are homeless or about to become homeless, to obtain adequate accommodation through the provision of housing information, direct financial assistance or targeted referral within the service system.
- To provide a “one-stop-shop” or “entry points” of Haven; Home, Safe; Home, Safe that provides immediate response to clients requiring housing and support assistance.
- To actively contribute to and maintain an Intake environment and telephone service that is positive, safe and welcoming, child and family friendly.
- Undertake crisis intervention and assessment of presenting clients whether in person or on the phone.
- To provide informal counselling regarding the range of supports offered within the community.
- To have or develop a good knowledge of services within the community or knowledge to assess a wide range of services.
- To collect and process data collection as required.
- To ensure accurate, confidential and meaningful records on clients are appropriately kept within the global data system.
Haven; Home, Safe expects role-modelled commitment, quality, passion and energy from our employees. In return we offer competitive remuneration packages and attractive benefits. We offer a supportive workplace culture, flexible working conditions, family friendly workplace, training & development opportunities, Employee Assistance Program, salary packaging arrangements and an opportunity to make a real difference within our growing organisation
A position description is attached.
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume and a statement addressing the key selection criteria - please note, only complete applications will be considered.