A fantastic opportunity has just opened up for a part time Finance and Administration Assistant to join our small Finance Team at Havelock Housing Association, reporting directly to the Finance Manager. Havelock Housing Association is one of Canberra’s largest and most successful social housing providers. We offer affordable and accessible housing options for people on low incomes and people living with disabilities.
- The accurate and efficient processing of accounts (rent) receivable and accounts payable
- Reconciliation and processing of supplier invoices
- Assist in EOFY reporting and Audit
- Banking including reconciliation of corporate credit cards and petty cash accounts
- Record Management and General Office Administration duties – this may include assistance with front counter / reception area of the office.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- A minimum of 3 years in a Finance / Accounts role, with experience using the XERO accounting application preferred
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving and organisational skills, and the ability to learn new processes quickly
- Ability to work autonomously and undertake tasks without close supervision
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- Payroll experience is an advantage
- The successful candidate will be required to hold a Working with Vulnerable People Card (ACT)
- Salary Range within Level 4 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award – pay point dependent on qualifications and experience.
- As a Not for Profit Organisation generous Salary Sacrificing benefits are available.
- This is a permanent part time position for 15 hours per week over a minimum of 3 days. However, this can be negotiated with the right candidate.