- Join a fast-paced, results driven for-purpose organisation
- 0.6 FTE position based in Castlemaine, Victoria.
- Salary Packaging
Hope Assistance Local Tradies (HALT), established in 2013, is a national grass roots, suicide prevention charity. The HALT program aims to improve the mental health literacy and communication skills of tradies, encouraging them to speak up and ask for support from their friends, families and support workers if they are struggling with their mental health or thinking about suicide.
Partnering with trades businesses, hardware stores, men’s sheds, learning institutions, farming communities, emergency responders and other key stakeholders, HALT hold ‘Save Your Bacon’ brekkies and other events across Australia, raising awareness of mental health and linking tradies to relevant support services.
The newly appointed Human Resources & Administration Officer role will be an integral part of the HALT Team, assisting the CEO and Project Coordinator in the development and maintenance of a healthy and supportive workplace culture. Meanwhile they will also be supporting the work of HALT, a small but ambitious not-for profit, by providing vital administrative support.
- Assist the CEO and Project Coordinator in HR matters including staffing and training, performance reviews and performance management.
- Help the organisation to foster and promote a safe, supportive and positive workplace culture with a strong and productive work ethic.
- Support the activities of HALT Project Workers to meet program and community engagement objectives.
- Provide administrative support to the HALT Team.
- Support the evaluation and reporting requirements of the HALT Program and the maintenance of business/stakeholder database(s).
- Work within HALT's organisational values, code of conduct and policies and procedures in order to meet goals and objectives set out in the strategic plan.
The successful candidate will need:
- Prior experience in a Human Resources role.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in fostering and maintaining a healthy workplace culture.
- Strong administration and computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite, and the ability to deliver and maintain accurate and well-presented documents, reports and databases.
- An ability to successfully navigate a number of competing priorities in a highly productive environment.
- A strong belief in social change and a desire to make the world a better place.
- An understanding of the mental health sector, with a commitment to improving the mental health of tradies and reducing suicide amongst men.
For more information on the position, please contact Jeremy Forbes, CEO. Phone: 0409 756 274 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Human Resources and Administration Support Officer - Castlemaine enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A full job description can be found in the link below.