- $93,851 - $104,698 per annum + super
- Fight for social justice in a growing & energetic team
- 5 weeks annual leave, 4 weeks personal leave and a monthly RDO
HACSU is Tasmania’s largest union of workers, campaigning for economic, industrial and social justice. We represent workers in public and private health, aged care, and community and disability services across the state.
We’re looking for an energetic and passionate person who is excited about social justice and trying new things to join our vibrant industrial team, where you’ll be part of a broader team striving to make workers’ lives better.
If that sounds like you, please apply!
On any given day, your work may include – but not be limited to – the following:
- Working with our industrial team to ensure compliance with industrial instruments and legislation
- Representing members in industrial and associated tribunals including the preparation of cases and advocacy
- Supporting our industrial team in coordinating the union’s enterprise bargaining agenda, including leading bargaining where required and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation regarding agreement-making and associated industrial activities
- Providing industrial advice to the industrial team
- Providing high-level advice to the State Secretary on a range of legal matters as requested
You will be someone who:
- Has a commitment to the Health and Community Services Union and the trade union movement
- Has a bachelor’s or higher degree in law, industrial relations or other suitable qualification
- Has experience in preparing and presenting cases before industrial tribunals
- Has experience and enthusiasm for working in industrial relations
- Can multitask and prioritise workflow in a busy environment
- Can work with a range of people, including elected officials, organisers, members, and delegates
- Takes instructions and works independently on a range of tasks and projects, taking initiative and doing whatever it takes to get the job done
- Is a team player who is always bringing creative ideas to the table
If these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job.
It’s a big job and it’s likely that some applicants may not tick all the boxes – but in any case, if you are keen to become part of the team, we invite you to apply.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Legal Officer / Senior Legal Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs for a copy of the position description, selection criteria and our wages and conditions.