About the Role
The Health and Community Services Union (HACSU) is seeking applications for a Media and Communications Officer.
- Put your creative and campaigning skills to work and be part of a passionate team of change-makers.
- Contribute to improving the working lives of thousands HACSU members.
- Generous annual salary and conditions (5 weeks annual leave, 13 RDOs per year).
- Carlton South location.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the work and voice of HACSU, representing workers in the mental health, disability and alcohol and other drug sectors.
Working closely with HACSU leadership, the Political and Campaign Advisor and the organising team, the position has a primary focus on ensuring HACSU produces high quality communications, campaign and organising materials (both print and digital) and building media exposure.
What we are looking for
- Excellent communication skills and passion for developing and delivering creative content and materials with an impact.
- Experience in communication and campaigning strategy, planning and development.
- Excellent collaborative and teamwork skills.
- Initiative and professional determination.
- Experience with developing and executing content for social media, CMS and other online platforms.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (inDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator in particular).
- Experience writing and designing for different audiences and adhering to accessibility, style and best-practice guidelines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (including copy writing and editing).
- Experience in managing multiple projects and delivering communication materials and plans on time.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values and underlying principles of the union movement, social justice, community development and equity.
Hours of work
This position is 5 days a week (40hours) with a rostered day off accrued every 4 weeks.
A position description is attached.