Habitat for Humanity is a leading global housing non-profit working in more than 70 countries. One of our programs in NSW supports accommodation services and disadvantaged people by mobilising teams of volunteers and corporate supporters to complete building maintenance, painting, landscaping, disaster recovery work and building projects.
We are seeking a Program and Volunteer Coordinator to help manage and deliver our expanding volunteer program in NSW. This is a fixed term contract to 30 June (with the possibility of extension).
Essential Selection Criteria
- Building, renovation, construction and maintenance skills and experience, including ability to paint and complete building repairs and small building projects.
- Proven ability to supervise, support, motivate and manage unskilled volunteers undertaking building maintenance, disaster recovery and building projects, including painting.
- Well-developed program management and coordination skills
- Highly motivated, positive, excellent organisation skills with very good attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills
- Highly developed communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to supervise and manage unskilled volunteer undertaking building maintenance and small building projects, including painting.
- Unrestricted driver’s licence, ability to drive a Ute with trailer and willingness to travel.
- Construction White Card (or willingness to obtain) and knowledge of construction site safety.
The Program and Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for program management, coordination, logistics and leading teams of often unskilled volunteers to complete various projects and providing guidance and positive support.
- Establishing, coordinating and managing a program of activities and related resources
- Working with and establishing effective relationships with program stakeholders including partner agencies, recipients and other staff
- Manage all logistics for volunteer activities efficiently and effectively including, documentation, tools, equipment, materials, program related payments, refreshments, etc
- Ensuring that program reporting requirements are met
- Organising and managing various projects including, maintenance work, landscaping projects, indoor and outdoor painting, disaster recovery and small building projects
- Supporting, managing, motivating and work with teams of unskilled volunteers and creating a positive, fun work environment.
- Ensuring a safe working environment and proactively encouraging safe working practices
- Preparing briefing documents, program reports, evaluation documentation, etc
Note - the successful applicant will need to provide evidence of a clear criminal history and adhere to HFH's Code of Conduct, policies and procedures including the Child Protection Policy.
To obtain a Position Description or for enquiries please email Michelle Duby - Mduby@habitat.org.au, using the subject line: NSW Program and Volunteer Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.
For any questions regarding the role please email Dhart@habitat.org.au.
We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible as the recruitment process for this position will start in January, with applications being reviewed as they are received.