- This is a Permanent Part-time (4 day) role.
Regularly rated as Australia’s Most Trusted Charity brand, Guide Dogs Australia (GDA) is a group of organisations that provide a broad range of specialist services, alongside their iconic Guide Dogs, to support people with low vision and blindness to achieve their goals in life.
The successful candidate is an experienced Executive Assistant who has strong Board Secretarial skills, Committee minute taking and communication skills, is self-directed and enjoys working independently, can prioritise and multi task and has the capability to develop and execute reporting and projects at a detailed, secretariat level.
The purpose of the role is to provide:
- Executive Administrative support to the GDA Chair/Company Secretary and Board
- Support the GDA Senior Development & Partnerships Manager and GDA Team to deliver a highly performing and sustainable GDA membership organisation for member states
- Support, co-ordinate and liaise with the CEO Group, the Chief Executive Officers individually and key Senior Managers of the State Guide Dog entities to help enable the development and implementation of GDA’s National Collaboration Programs. These Programs are integral to ensuring the future success and sustainability of GDA and the Guide Dog movement in Australia.
Knowledge and experience essential to be successful in the role:
- At least 10 years’ experience in supporting Board, CEO and Executive level managers
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft desktop applications
- Extremely well organised and task focused for handling a range of responsibilities from complex tasks to general administration
- Be efficient, engaging, diligent and have high attention to detail to ensure accuracy in responsibilities
- Highly developed interpersonal and written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Able to calmly, efficiently and effectively manage multiple competing priorities and within deadlines
- Consistently present a professional, diplomatic and helpful manner whilst also maintaining discretion and the highest degree of confidentiality
- Experience in federated or geographically dispersed structures and teams
- Outcome and results focused – takes responsibilities for achieving results
National (based at Guide Dogs NSW / ACT (Chatswood).
This is a very hands on role that will work with a varied group of stakeholders and will require interstate travel from time to time.
A position description is attached.