- Are you an experienced Campaigner/Campaign Coordinator looking for a challenging new role?
- Can you put your high-level analytical and negotiation skills to work for the Greens?
- Are you ready to lead a team of dedicated staff and passionate volunteers?
- Can you help take the Greens' message to new audiences and help increase the Greens' vote?
ABOUT THE GREENS NSW
The Greens Party movement is based on the four pillars of social equity and economic justice, ecological sustainability, grassroots democracy, and peace, nonviolence and disarmament. Greens parties across the world share these same principles and values.
We have MPs in the NSW Upper House and Lower House. In the Federal Parliament we have a Lower House MP and a significant number of Senators.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Greens NSW (GNSW) is seeking an experienced campaign coordinator to commence logistical, strategic planning and organising for the next Federal election. The date of the next federal election is unknown, however, it is likely to be held between August 2021 and May 2022. You will have managed a similar state-wide campaign. While experience on issues campaigning is important, this is a political election and you will need to demonstrate relevant experience.
This role is full-time until 4 weeks after the federal election.
Key responsibilities of the Federal Election Campaign Coordinator (FECC) will include:
- Coordinate the Greens NSW federal election campaign, possibly to be held as early as August 2021, to achieve our election goals.
- Work closely with the Standing Campaign Committee (SCC) to develop and implement the statewide campaign strategy.
- Support the State Treasurer, Operations Manager and the Finance and Compliance Manager to develop and manage a campaign budget.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to by the campaign.
- Assist the Operations Manager to coordinate the allocation of tasks for shared Greens NSW teams e.g., data systems teams and oversee the smooth operation of the campaign team.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the campaign communications strategy.
- Coordinate the preparation, printing, distribution, and collation of campaign materials, both digital and print form.
- Liaise with the National Campaign Management Team (NCMT) to support the GNSW Federal campaign including platform development, briefings, announcements, advertising, training, and messaging with regard to NSW requirements.
- Support GNSW member-groups to undertake preselections for all lower house federal election seats in a timely manner.
- Work with SCC on establishing robust probity and s44 checking processes for HoR candidates, and to assist member-groups with these processes.
- Maintain professional relationships with GNSW stakeholders including the SCC, Greens members, NSW office and campaign staff, office bearers, local campaigners, and candidates.
- Provide political, media and logistical advice to candidates and local campaigners.
- Ensure assistance is provided as needed to the GNSW lead Senate candidate.
- Provide reports at least monthly to the SCC and Operations Manager on the implementation of the campaign plan.
- Develop and deliver training and support to candidates and campaigners.
- Supervise paid and volunteer campaign workers on a day-to-day basis.
- In collaboration with the SCC and Operations Manager recruit federal election campaign staff.
- Provide a comprehensive and detailed post-election report.
- Other duties as required.
The Federal Election Campaign Coordinator will have the following qualifications:
- Commitment to the Greens charter and policies.
- Several years’ experience in senior state-wide or national campaigning roles.
- Demonstrated skills coordinating large-scale projects including working with multiple stakeholders, adhering to sign off processes and working to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Strong rapport-building and relationship skills. You can effectively build and maintain relationships and be a trusted ally amongst candidates, members, local groups, and MPs from all parts of NSW.
- Experience in managing a team, including the ability to build and supervise teams, bringing out the best in each individual team member.
- Demonstrated familiarity with electoral compliance requirements or experience working within a compliance framework.
- Exceptional communication skills, being able to craft compelling written materials and to deliver an effective message verbally.
- Strong understanding of traditional media and social media and demonstrated successful experience working with the media.
- Experience in working with and getting the best out of volunteers.
- Demonstrated high-level strategic thinking and sound political judgment.
- Capacity to adapt to pre-existing campaigning infrastructure systems, and to use that knowledge to develop the best possible field organising, and electoral and demographic data analysis.
- Understanding of data-driven campaigning and the importance of data management to campaigning.
- Understanding of the decision-making structures in Greens NSW and demonstrate an ability to work successfully across multiple reporting requirements.
PAY AND CONDITIONS
Salary range: $90,000 - $110,000 p.a. + 10.5% superannuation.
Primary Location: The Greens NSW state office, Suite D, 263-279 Broadway, Glebe.
Status: Contract until 4 weeks after the next federal election.
Position begins: As soon as possible.
Covered by: The Greens NSW Staff Collective Agreement
For further queries about the role please email email@example.com, using the subject line: Federal Election Campaign Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.