- Salary: $65-75k per annum plus super
GreenCollar is Australia’s largest dedicated Environmental Markets advisor and investor. Our team works to understand the natural capital in the land and marine scape, and enable stakeholders to access innovative finance to implement projects with positive environmental and economic outcomes. GreenCollar is the largest provider of abatement under the Australian Government’s Emissions Reduction Fund. In addition, GreenCollar is actively developing new environmental markets that respond to the Paris Agreement Sustainable Development Goals.
Our clients, partners and joint venture stakeholders range from landholders, research groups, non-Government organisations, corporations and the Government. To give best value, we bring together an equally diverse and skilled team of scientists, environmental and geographical specialists, lawyers and finance and economic professionals.
We are currently seeking a bright and capable lawyer with a positive attitude, ideally with 1-3 years PQE to join our expanding legal and compliance team, responsible for all legal functions across the business.
- The role will involve drafting, negotiating and finalising a broad range of commercial contracts and other agreements (including, but not limited to: service and supply agreements, marketing, sponsorship and promotion agreements, and employment contracts).
- The role will also be responsible for working and advising on property related matters, including the preparation and registration of land titles documentation across multiple Australian jurisdictions.
- Other duties will include researching and advising on broader corporate and commercial matters such as environmental law, financial services regulation, corporate governance and compliance advice.
- Assisting with miscellaneous legal administration tasks as directed by Chief Legal Counsel, General Manager or CEO.
- The role reports directly to the Chief Legal Counsel who will provide support, training and mentoring as needed, whilst also providing space, flexibility and an appropriate level of autonomy to the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Strong drafting experience
- Analytical skills, proficiency and pragmatism in developing and implementing legal strategies in a commercial context
- Excellent research, writing, listening and speaking skills
- Ability to articulate and communicate complex legal issues to non-lawyers (both internal and external parties)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent practice management skills, including time management, the ability to work; autonomously, and to provide regular and proactive updates of legal activities to your line manager and Executives as needed
- Working within a fast-paced, developing industry, and the ability to grasp new concepts quickly, identify relevant legal issues and provide appropriate advice
- Capacity and enthusiasm for working as part of a collaborative team, involving frequent cross-business unit project group participation
Minimum requirements / Selection Criteria:
- A solicitor admitted to practice in NSW, with 2-4 years post qualification experience.
- Basic I.T competency, including experience with Microsoft Office Word & Excel, Gmail, Apple operating systems, Smartsheet.
- Positive attitude, flexible enough to tackle new challenges & embrace an evolving role.
- Seeking a long-term role and keen to develop his or her experience in the sustainability & climate change sector.
- A knowledge of carbon farming legislation & regulations.
- Understanding of how the Emissions Reduction/Climate Solutions Fund works and our associated legal responsibilities.
- An ability to discuss Property Legislation in a concise and confident manner.
- Knowledge of environmental markets and financial services regulation would be regarded favourably.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusive workplace policy
Diversity, equity & inclusion are fundamental values held by GreenCollar and are at the core of what we do, and how we do it. Our commitment to these values is demonstrated by our certification as a
B Corporation. We recognise that a diverse and varied workforce is an asset to our company and crucial to our long-term success.
GreenCollar sees diversity as a strength and reflective of the society and client-base in which we live. We are proud to have a staff and stakeholder population with diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences that can be leveraged to provide the best client and employee engagement possible.