- Work Type/s: Full time – 6-month contract
- Location: Sydney
- Salary: $50-55k per annum plus super (prorated)
GreenCollar is Australia’s largest dedicated Environmental Markets advisor and investor. Our team works to understand the environmental values of the land and enable stakeholders to access innovative finance to implement projects with positive environmental and economic outcomes. GreenCollar is the largest provider of abatement under the Australian Government’s Emissions Reduction Fund.
Our clients range from landholders, research groups, non-government organisations, corporations and the Government. To give best value, we bring together an equally diverse and skilled team of scientists, environmental specialists, lawyers and finance professions.
GreenCollar is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic, full time GIS Assessment Technician to join our talented Technical Division in our Sydney office, the position is initially for a 6-month contract with the possibility of extension. The GIS Assessment Technician will need to be ready for a challenge and keen to work in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Geospatial Manager and work closely with other members of the Technical Team to ensure the on-time delivery of preliminary project designs as part of the project viability assessment process.
- Conduct the preliminary spatial design of land-based Carbon and other Ecosystem Services projects at different scales and across a variety of Australian landscapes in compliance with legislative requirements and internal procedures.
- Designing and preparing preliminary project strata and other ad-hoc maps.
- Assisting with correspondence to the Origination Division regarding project design.
- Ensuring GIS datasets are fit for purpose and kept up to date for each project type based on feedback from the Operations and Origination Divisions and any updates to publicly available spatial data.
- Uploading data to a centralized MySQL database.
- Assisting with other GIS-based tasks when required such as preparing survey packages and the final design process.
- Assisting with field data collection if required.
- Adapting to frequently revised deadlines/priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Understanding the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously and producing large volumes of work
Required skills and attributions:
- GIS qualifications with experience using ArcGIS
- Knowledge of remote sensing principles with experience using ENVI
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and oral
- Highly organised and motivated
- Willingness to learn
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- A passion for the natural environment and sustainability
- Positive can-do attitude and the ability to work well in a team
- Science background / Tertiary degree
- Experience using a mySQL database
- Full drivers permit with experience driving a manual 4WD
Diversity, Equity and Inclusive workplace policy
Diversity, equity & inclusion are fundamental values held by GreenCollar and is at the core of what we do, and how we do it. We recognise that a diverse and varied workforce is an asset to our company and crucial to our long-term success.
GreenCollar sees diversity as a strength and reflective of the society and client-base in which we live. We are proud to have a staff and stakeholder population with diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences that can be leveraged to provide the best client and employee engagement possible.