Go Gentle Australia is an expert advisory and health promotion charity advocating for better conversations around death, dying and end of life choices, in particular, voluntary assisted dying. Our efforts in Victoria in 2017 and WA in 2019 provided critical assistance to Parliamentarians and supporters who fought for, and ultimately succeeded in the historic passing of, Voluntary Assisted Dying legislation. There is a bill before parliament in South Australia now, while the Queensland government will put forward a Bill later in the year. A private members' bill has also been announced for NSW.
We are seeking a PR & Campaigns Manager to join our team to manage public and government relations, strategic communications and campaigns.
- Lead Queensland campaign and other state/territory campaigns, including planning and running the communication and publicity strategy
- Coordinate production of advertising campaigns and media placement, including print, TV, radio, digital and outdoor, within time and budget constraints
- Contribute to Parliamentary submissions and advise stakeholders on the implications of VAD legislative decisions, including clause wording and safeguards
- Prepare press releases and guard their release, including coordinating exclusives with media outlets wherever possible
- Commission and manage polling and promote results to target audiences
- Organise rallies, roundtables, conferences and Parliamentary events for stakeholders and supporters to promote GGA as a trusted, evidence-based organisation and foster positive relations and coalitions between our supporters
- Liaise with media and press to secure press coverage and interviews for GGA and our strategic partners, as well as managing spokespeople and coordinating media training where required
- Represent and promote GGA at conferences, events and roundtables
- Collect content relevant to GGA's work (photo, video, audio, quotes, personal testimonies) and commission freelancers to support this collection where necessary
- Select and edit content for public release and be the final decision-maker as to what words, message and imagery are released to the public realm
- Ideally tertiary qualification in either law or political science
- Previous experience managing a social issue campaign essential, ideally solid knowledge of campaigning for & managing comms around VAD
- Proven track record of developing successful communications strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, coupled with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to design & execute advertising campaigns using social media platforms, including experience with NationBuilder (or equivalent integrated solution), Facebook Ads Manager, Canva and Hootsuite
- Drive and initiative to get things done
- Ability to work accurately and with strong attention to detail
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends as required
The nature of our work environment
This is not an easy subject matter and you may be confronted with experiences of dying, death and possibly suicide that can be challenging. We encourage you to view some examples of the nature of our work which can be found on our Story Wall or by downloading a copy of The Damage Done.
Remuneration will be structured to include tax free allowances, negotiable in the range $70,000-$80,000 depending upon qualifications, skills and experience.
If you are as passionate as we are and are keen to work with a group of committed professionals from our office in Sydney CBD, please apply as soon as possible.