The Global EverGreening Alliance (The Alliance) is an international NGO which coordinates the development and implementation of massive-scale environmental restoration and sustainable agricultural intensification projects in developing countries around the world. It has 30+ members, including World Vision, Conservation International, the World Resources Institute, the World Agroforestry Centre, CARE International, JustDiggit, Catholic Relief Services, and The Nature Conservancy.
The Alliance is seeking a Volunteer Media & Communications Officer to assist in all aspects of internal and external communications – but with a significant emphasis on social media strategies, creative content development, and videography.
If you have any of the skills listed below and want to help the environment and farming communities at risk worldwide, please apply through Ethical Jobs, including a cover letter and resume.
Hours and Frequency of work
Applicants should be available to volunteer for 15 hours work per week (negotiable) over 2-3 days. Due to a significant part of the organisations work occurring outside normal Australian business hours (to align with international time-zones), the organisation’s core office hours are from 9:30am to 2:30pm, Monday to Thursday, with a high level of flexibility.
- Drafting visual and written content for social media accounts and supporting the development of marketing and communication strategy to promote the organisation
- Assisting with the creation of and editing of media releases, speeches, publications, social media posts, and electronic newsletters
- Monitoring news, media releases and relevant websites to source content and identify upcoming events and opportunities
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of the communications strategy, policies, procedures, registers and records
- Drafting communication documents, articles, newsletters, and content for the organisation’s website including blogs, reviews and project reports
- Assisting in-house videographers with the sourcing and creation of promotional footage
- Regularly updating and maintaining the website and software
- Interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to engage with colleagues both internally and externally, and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Time management skills and an ability to prioritise tasks, manage heavy workloads, and meet deadlines
- Problem-solving skills and an ability to work independently, as well as an effective team member to achieve shared goals
- Writing skills, including the use of correct grammar and expression
- Working knowledge of WordPress, back-end development and software/data maintenance.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, with demonstrated ability to create high-quality content, an understanding of targeted campaign posting, and SEO strategies.
- Experience with campaign monitoring tools (Google Ads, Facebook Ads) and social media data analysis.
- Familiarity with video editing software
- Training and/or experience in marketing, communications, media and/or journalism, while not essential, would be an advantage
- Knowledge, training and/or experience in environmental conservation, rural development, agriculture, climate change or similar, while not essential, would be an advantage
The Global EverGreening Alliance has zero tolerance to child abuse, and to discrimination, harassment and workplace bullying. All staff, including volunteers, are required to sign an acknowledgement and adhere strictly to the organisation’s Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and other policies. In addition, the successful applicant will need to agree to an Australian Police Record Check and either provide or agree to apply for a Working with Children card.