OVERVIEW OF ORGANISATION
The Global EverGreening Alliance (The Alliance) is an international NGO which coordinates the development and implementation of massive-scale environmental restoration and sustainable agricultural intensification projects in developing countries around the world.
The organisation was established by its members to facilitate a collaborative approach to the global problems of food insecurity, rural poverty, climate change and land degradation, and to develop and implement long-term solutions at a globally significant scale.
Its core members include World Vision, CARE International, Oxfam, Catholic Relief Services, Conservation International, The Nature Conservancy, the World Resources Institute and the World Agroforestry Centre.
The organisation is going through a period of rapid growth with an expanding grants opportunity pipeline from private and institutional funders across the globe. Accordingly, it is seeking highly motivated professional grants acquisition portfolio manager with exceptional relationship management and proposal writing skills to support the acquisition of the grants and maintain positive engagement with our various stakeholders. Due to a significant part of the organisation’s work occurring outside normal Australian business hours (to align with international time-zones), flexible working hours can be negotiated.
Salary: $90-105,000 plus 9.5% superannuation.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE:
- Addressing poverty and climate change through land restoration and regreening
- Designing and implementing multi-million-dollar projects funded by diverse donors
- Working with multiple private and institutional agencies and research bodies
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Identifying and determining the suitability of funding opportunities for development by the organisation
- Identifying and, where appropriate, engaging internal and external stakeholders of the organisation who have appropriate skills, experience, interest and capacity to assist in developing proposals
- Analysing, and where appropriate, seeking new or additional information regarding the existing projects and capacity of member organisations, to ensure their respective strengths and capacities are optimally leveraged in the design of proposals
- Contributing to the development of diverse income streams, including grant funding, co-financing, public-private partnerships, resources-in-kind and commercial
- Providing technical advice and solutions into project concepts and designs
- Facilitating and where appropriate coordinating, and consolidating the input of relevant stakeholders towards the development of programming tools, frameworks and proposals
- Analysing and summarising the strategies, policies, guidelines and opportunities of relevant stakeholders, including governments, donors and foundations
- Engaging regularly with the focal points of member organisations and facilitating an inclusive and collaborative approach to proposal development
- Maintaining and further developing close working, ‘trusting’ relationships with the focal points of member organisations and with other partner organisations/institutions and relevant stakeholders
- Entering and maintaining detailed records of all communication with external stakeholders
- Supporting the development and maintenance or organisation policies, standards and procedures related to grants acquisition and partnership
- Analysing member documents to ensure best practice approaches, alignment and compliance with donor and regulatory bodies
- Supporting the development and maintenance of member, committee and stakeholder registers, databases and frameworks
- Management of the opportunity pipeline
- Supporting the development and maintenance of strategies, action plans and project databases
- Creating professional documents that tell compelling stories, incorporate partner feedback to support propositioning and donor management
- Representing the organisation as required, including by participating in functions, events and meetings
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in writing tenders, grants, bids, proposals or similar documents
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to engage and build and manage relationships with colleagues/stakeholders both internally and externally, and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of key development actors and market interests (institutional and other) in technical areas or geographical areas and their impact on potential Alliance decision making
- Ability to identify and develop field opportunities that engage private supporters.
- Demonstrated ability to broker strategic relationships between Alliance staff, supporters and implementing partners to pursue marketing opportunities and foster private supporter engagement (partnering and collaboration skills).
- Demonstrated experience in developing successful partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to generate funds for field programs
- Experience in large scale, multi-country complex program and portfolio management including risk management, quality assurance and reporting
- Excellent writing skills, including the use of correct grammar and expression
- Well-developed time management skills and an ability to prioritise tasks, manage heavy workloads, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and an ability to work independently, and as an effective team member to achieve shared goals with a ‘can do’ attitude to your work
- Training and/or experience in environmental conservation, rural development, agriculture, climate change or similar, while not essential, would be an advantage
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Business or related field would be an advantage
CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT
The Global EverGreening Alliance has zero tolerance to child abuse, discrimination, harassment and workplace bullying. All staff, including volunteers, are required to sign an acknowledgement and adhere strictly to the organisation’s child protection and other policies. In addition, the successful applicant will need to agree to an Australian Police Record Check and either provide or successfully apply for a Working with Children Check card.