OVERVIEW OF ORGANISATION
The Global EverGreening Alliance (The Alliance) is an international NGO which coordinates the development and implementation of massive-scale environmental restoration and sustainable agricultural intensification projects in developing countries around the world, and in Australia.
The organisation was established by its members to facilitate a collaborative approach to the global problems of food insecurity, rural poverty, climate change and land degradation, and to develop and implement long-term solutions at a globally significant scale.
Its core members include World Vision, CARE International, Oxfam, Catholic Relief Services, Conservation International, The Nature Conservancy, the World Resources Institute and The World Agroforestry Centre.
The organisation is seeking a highly motivated Business Development Specialist with exceptional stakeholder engagement, relationship management and proposal writing skills to support the Grants and Partnerships Team and the CEO. Due to a significant part of the organisation’s work occurring outside normal Australian business hours (to align with international time-zones), flexible working hours can be negotiated. Full-time or part-time applicants considered (3-5 days per week).
Salary: $110-125,000 plus 9.5% superannuation.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE:
- Addressing poverty and climate change through land restoration and regreening
- Operating at a high level of autonomy to identify, develop and deliver new funding opportunities to the organisation
- Working with multiple private and institutional agencies, governments, and research bodies
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Identifying and determining the suitability of funding opportunities for development by the organisation
- Contributing to the development of diverse income streams, including grant funding, co-financing, public-private partnerships and commercial investment
- Analysing and summarising the strategies, policies, guidelines and opportunities of relevant stakeholders, including governments, donors, foundations and corporations
- Working closely with the CEO, Management Team and Grants and Partnerships Team to ensure coordination and alignment between opportunities and the requirements of implementing organisations and in-country governments
- Creating and managing fundraising and business development opportunities across a diverse portfolio
- Building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining business development and fundraising strategies, opportunity pipeline and contact database
- Maintaining detailed records of all communications with external stakeholders
- Liaising with the Grants and Partnerships Team and the Implementation Team to ensure that all stakeholders are kept up to date with upcoming projects and the results of grants/donations/investments
- Creating business cases and professional documents that are tailored to the needs and interests of diverse external stakeholders, including potential donors/investors
- Representing the organisation as required, including by participating in functions, events and meetings
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in corporate partnerships, writing tenders, investment proposals or similar
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to engage, build and manage relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally, and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of large corporate, institutional and development actors and of climate and/or environment-related markets
- Demonstrated ability to broker strategic relationships, partnerships and opportunities
- Excellent writing skills, including logical structure, clear articulation of compelling arguments, and use of correct grammar and expression
- Well-developed time management skills and an ability to prioritise tasks, manage heavy workloads, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, a ‘can do’ attitude, and an ability to work independently, and as an effective team member to achieve shared goals
- Training and/or experience in environmental conservation, rural development, agriculture, climate change or similar, while not essential, would be an advantage
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Business or related field would be an advantage
This is a pivotal role within the organisation and your exceptional work ethic will ensure your fit in the organisation.
CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT
The Global EverGreening Alliance has zero tolerance to child abuse, discrimination, harassment and workplace bullying. All staff, including volunteers, are required to sign an acknowledgement and adhere strictly to the organisation’s child protection and other policies. In addition, the successful applicant will need to agree to an Australian Police Record Check and either provide or successfully apply for a Working with Children Check card.
You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this job.
Please contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Business Development Specialist enquiry via EthicalJobs, if you have any queries about the role