ABOUT THE GLEN
The Glen is 35-bed drug and alcohol residential rehabilitation centre established in 1994 and located at Chittaway Point. Our program is designed to treat a client in a holistic manner by addressing all of their issues. This means that we treat the person as a whole (spiritually, mentally and physically). We don’t just treat their addiction, we also look at things in their life that may be causing the addictive behaviours. Our program is about empowering people to take control of their lives, to live a good, fun life and to become active members of their families and the community as a whole.
ABOUT THE GLEN FOR WOMEN
The Glen for Women is a newly established 20-bed facility for women opening in April 2022 and located at Wyong Creek. The centre will follow a similar treatment philosophy as The Glen for Men. We are seeking a strong, compassionate, empathetic woman with demonstrated experience of strength based and trauma informed approaches to address and support the needs of women seeking treatment.
Objective of your role
The Night / Weekend Program Supervisor is responsible for implementing the weekly routine, menu, chores roster, counsellor’s checklist and house rules of The Glen. The Night and Weekend Supervisor is known as a Senior counsellor and needs to be able to confidently prepare for, facilitate and deliver group therapy sessions, work with individuals in one to one counselling sessions, and support, monitor and report on client’s participation in activities.
The Night / Weekend Program Supervisor is responsible for implementing the Nightly / Weekend program at The Glen for Women and will need to work independently, be a measured decision maker and be good with planning and time management. This role will require you to be on shift by yourself at times.
Your shifts will start in the afternoon, staying overnight and also on weekends.
The Glen remunerate according to the SCHADS award. Your level will be based on your experience & qualifications, and can be negotiated. You will be paid loadings.
- Ensure night and weekend supervisor checklist is completed. This includes:
- Buildings are secure and locked as appropriate
- All lights are off at curfew
- Dinner is served at 5pm
- Ensure the kitchen has been cleaned after dinner and all chores are completed satisfactorily
- Ensure all alarms are set on/off as required (i.e. security)
- Ensure PM medications are dispensed to clients and have been documented
- Prepare for, coordinate and implement program activities including routine, and culture and sport activities according to the Routine
- Supervising clients as they engage in all program activities: on and off site during your rostered shift
- Coordinate clients in attending external medical appointments and ensure appointments are documented
- Prepare and actively participate in de-briefing sessions with the clinical team at morning and afternoon change over
- Arrange transport for clients to external appointments, events and activities
- Provide input into the program development at The Glen for Women
- Assist in the induction, orientation and mentorship to new employees & volunteers when requested
- Collect random and scheduled breath tests and urine analysis from clients
- Assist clients exiting the program under a disciplinary discharge (utilising the Exit plan of the client)
- Ensure orientation of new clients is completed
- Direct all unapproved visitors off The Glen for Women property immediately (and notify Police and Security as required)
- Respond to emergency situations in accordance with policies and procedures
- Provide first aid when required and ensure incident reports are completed
- Ensure clients have engaged in one-on-one support session with an emphasis assessing their progress in treatment and refer to clinical team, if required
- Make appropriate referrals to external service providers (in consultation with clinical team)
- Work collaboratively with client to develop interventions to motivate clients toward change
- Ensure clients are complying with house rules
- Role model healthy life choices and positive interactions with people
- Complete shift reports at the end of each shift
- Maintain client case notes in the client file on the client management system (Mimaso)
- Ensure case notes based on observable behaviour and facts
- Contribute to staff meetings, team development activities, performance initiatives and service development activities
- Participate in staff appraisal and identify areas of professional development
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work at night and weekends by yourself supervising up to 20 residents
- Leadership & communication skills
- Good computer & technology skills
- Ability to provide solutions when you identify a problem
- Ability to plan your work, and manage your time
- Understanding of risk
- Attention to detail
- Ability to negotiate complex issues with clients.
- Ability to train other staff as required
- Ability to facilitate group counselling sessions with clients
WORKING AT THE GLEN
A lot of hard work happens behind-the-scenes at The Glen. There are high expectations that come with wearing a Glen shirt, this includes:
- Always prepared: The Glen takes pride in being organised, planned and prepared in everything we do – programs for clients, meetings with staff/stakeholders and community events.
- Always communicating: Communication is key to ensure everyone is always on the same page. We communicate via multiple technologies – phone, messages, emails, calendars, shift reports and clinical software (Mimaso).
- Always improving: The Glen is accredited under QIP always striving for better. We are a fast-paced, driven and ambitious organisation that’s always seeking to work more efficiently and effectively for the betterment of the client journey.
- Always honest: One of our values is that everything we do is grounded in a foundation of honesty. We have honest conversations with clients, we are honest with ourselves, honest with each other and our stakeholders. There are times of debate and discussion to arrive at win-win solutions. Walk into any room with a Glen shirt on, and people expect honesty from us.
If the values and statements above align with you, then The Glen will be a great place to work.
To submit your application click Apply Now. A position description is attached.
For any enquiries, please email email@example.com using the subject line: Night & Weekend Program Supervisor enquiry via EthicalJobs with your question and phone number, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.