- FTE: This position will be for 4 days per week
- Contract: This role will initially be contracted for a one year period, with the option to extend as required
- Remuneration: The gross salary will be $52,000 plus superannuation for four days per week (equivalent to a full-time salary of $65,000 per annum). Not for Profit salary packaging is applicable for this role
Rationale for the Role:
A key component of Gidget Foundation Australia’s work is promoting awareness of perinatal depression and anxiety (PNDA) and the programs that we offer to support expectant and new parents across Australia. The Marketing Executive will be responsible for various aspects of the Foundation’s organisational and program- focussed marketing and awareness raising activities.
From an organisational perspective, the Marketing Executive will focus on coordinating, implementing and supporting the Foundation’s brand marketing and fundraising activities.
With relation to the Foundation’s programs, the role will focus on improving service awareness and increasing referrals, in particular in relation to new Gidget House locations and the Start Talking telehealth program. This involves enhancing the Foundation’s relationships with key organisations such as Primary Health Networks, hospital maternity departments, Local Health Districts, national bodies, local organisations, General Practitioners and other key referrers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the launch of new Gidget House sites. This will include all event management aspects including, assisting in the identification of key guests, coordinating the run order, invitation distribution, local media pitch, set-up and pack-down of the event
- Identify opportunities to promote organisational resources e.g. Antenatal Video
- Coordinate involvement in Baby To Toddler Shows in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney
- Maintain the Foundation’s collateral register and coordinate resupply of resources in conjunction with the
- Organisational Development Manager
- Manage inventory of organisational signage, and as required, production of new signage
- Distribution of marketing collateral to partner organisations to support partnership activities
- Supporting the delivery of community fundraising events as required, including putting together and distributing registration packs.
- Support the team, as required, with the coordination of current and production of new merchandise
Program Focused Activities
- Identify contact people in each relevant PHN, e.g. perinatal mental health, GP Liaison, communication. Use the existing contacts database to record and prioritise contacts and track communications / interactions
- Prepare and implement a prioritised service promotion / communication strategy for Start Talking and all new Gidget House locations, that includes establishing relationships with key organisations, such as: PHNs, LHDs, child and family health nurses, hospital maternity and social work departments, as outlined in the prioritised contacts database
- Prepare and implement a service promotion / communication strategy for any existing Gidget House sites as required, and in response to regular clinician capacity updates from the GFA Clinical Practice Manager
- Establish and maintain a dialogue wth key peak body and national organisations, such as the Australian College of Rural and Remote Health, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Rural Doctors Association etc, to identify opportunities to raise awareness of services and increase referrals
- Identify and facilitate program promotion opportunities, such as speaking engagements, professional education / networking events, conferences, newsletter articles etc with identified organisations as appropriate, needed and practical
- Lead the development of any program collateral required to support service promotion, such as DL flyers, newsletter articles etc
- Receive all program collateral orders, such as DL flyers and tear pads, and coordinate distribution, as required
- Continue to identify the relevant Coordinators of the Health Pathways program in each relevant PHN and negotiate GFA's inclusion in the Pathway, as appropriate and possible
Ideally we will be looking to recruit a candidate with at least 3 to 5 years experience in marketing. Experience working in health service marketing/promotion, communications and/or the not for profit sector would be an advantage.
The person we are looking for would have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanour
- Ability to multitask, and maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Self-motivation and be able to take initiative, yet also work well under guidance and direction
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Keen interest in the not-for-profit sector
Closing date: 23rd August 2020.