about the role
- FTE: This position will be for 4 days per week.
- Contract: This role will initially be contracted for a 1 year period, with the option for annual extensions thereafter, as required and feasible.
- Remuneration: The annual gross salary will be $115,200 plus superannuation for 4 days per week (equivalent to a full-time salary of $144,000 plus superannuation).
- Location: This role can be delivered remotely. NSW based applicants are preferable, however applicants from other states will be considered.
The Gidget Foundation Australia (GFA) Clinical Team Leader will primarily be responsible for providing clinical support and professional development for all clinicians working within the Start Talking telehealth program and Gidget Houses in Queensland, Victoria, and rural and regional New South Wales. The aim of this role is to ensure the highest standard of care is delivered consistently across all programs and locations.
This role works closely with the GFA Senior Clinical Team Leader (two days per week). For the first six months, the Clinical Team Leader will report to the Senior Clinical Team Leader. Thereafter, the reporting structure will be reviewed by the Senior Clinical Team Leader, Clinical / Program Director and/or CEO.
Professional Development for GFA Clinicians
- In consultation with GFA clinicians and the Senior Clinical Team Leader (SCTL), identify ongoing requirements and potential areas of up-skilling that are required to meet the needs of GFA clients across all services and maintain the quality of care provided.
- Based on identified needs, work with the SCTL to develop an ongoing professional development program.
- Identify and inform GFA clinicians of other ad hoc perinatal mental health training opportunities, as appropriate.
- Contribute to the weekly clinician newsletter and clinician intranet with relevant content including, professional development opportunities, research updates, articles of interest etc.
- Identify and support suitable GFA clinicians to facilitate GFA group treatment programs.
Supervision for GFA clinicians
- Co-deliver, with the SCTL, GFA’s agreed supervision model for all GFA clinicians (including both individual and group activities).
- Ensure participation of all GFA clinicians you are responsible for within the organisation’s supervision model.
- Provide formal and informal clinical support, as required, for all clinicians you are responsible for.
- Seek supervision weekly with the SCTL and attend meetings with GFA staff as required.
Expansion of Perinatal Mental Health Workforce
- Interview, mentor and support all new GFA clinicians in the locations and programs you are responsible for, as required.
- Identify and support clinicians interviewed by GFA, who may have limited perinatal experience but may be suitable for the GFA Workforce Development Program.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for providing training/experience within perinatal mental health with the aim of fostering an interest and ultimately expanding the workforce in this field. Such opportunities may include placements for appropriate Masters students or clinicians interested in working within this field.
Clinical Spokesperson for Gidget Foundation Australia
- Act as a clinical speaker on behalf of GFA, both internally and externally, as appropriate, and feasible, including taking part in the Emotional Wellbeing Program midwives’ training workshops.
- Advise and review clinical content for GFA collateral, including the GFA website.
- Prepare and deliver educational presentations as requested by the SCTL.
- Design tip sheets or other resources on perinatal mental health related content for clients, hospital staff, GPs, etc.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Practice Manager, offer support to the Clinical Admin Executive/s at Gidget House Merrylands relating to all Start talking clients / clinician issues.
- Monitor GFA’s social media platforms and liaise with relevant GFA staff to address any concerns.
- Attend and participate in Clinical Governance Committee meetings.
For this role, the Foundation will be looking to recruit a clinical or registered psychologist with extensive experience working in a clinical capacity within perinatal mental health. Supervision experience is essential for this role and public speaking experience is desirable.
To submit your application, click Apply Now.
For more information, please call Chris Barnes (GFA Senior Clinical Team Leader) on 0416 225 417.