This position will be for 4 days per week and will be based at Gidget House North Sydney.
This role will initially be contracted for a 1 year period, with the option to extend thereafter, as required and feasible. Start date is likely to be from late July 2020.
The annual salary for the role for four days per week will be $60,000, commensurate with skills and experience, plus superannuation. (This is equivalent to a full-time salary of $75,000 plus superannuation).
About Gidget Foundation Australia
Gidget Foundation Australia (GFA) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the emotional wellbeing of expectant and new parents to ensure those in need receive timely, appropriate and supportive care. Gidget House and Start Talking are two of four clinical programs implemented by GFA.
About the role
A unique opportunity exists for an experienced Clinical Practice Manager to join our growing team. You will provide clinical administrative leadership and operational management for all Gidget House and Gidget House extension (satellite) locations (i.e. clinics) of which there are currently 13, as well as GFA’s telehealth psychological support program, Start Talking. You will be closely supported by the GFA Program Manager with the aim of ensuring that the clinics operate in an efficient and professional manner.
We are a small operational team and the person that we are looking for must be extremely flexible to changing situations and requirements and have a can-do attitude. You must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Whilst this role is clinically focused, it may at times involve contribution to other program areas as well as key organisation functions such as fundraising events.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the day to day clinic operations across all Gidget House sites and the Start Talking program
- Managing and responding to all clinician enquiries in a timely manner
- Development and implementation of clinical practice policies, procedures and systems
- Managing the clinic diary for all sites
- Managing reception staff/Management of clinician rosters
- Managing the logistics of the commencement of all new clinicians and/or the exit of existing clinicians
- Managing the clinical practice logistics of the establishment of new clinic locations
- Responding to and managing client enquiries in an empathetic and professional manner
- Managing new client booking to ensure efficiency and minimal client wait times
- Regularly updating the Programs team on clinician availability and referral numbers to enable additional recruitment and/or service promotion to be undertaken, as needed.
- Client, clinician and clinical practice accounts management
- Management of client databases and files
- Providing general assistance and support to the clinical practice team
- Providing ad hoc reception cover as required
- Generating and disseminating practice related reports
- Previous experience in a similar role within a psychological, allied health, or medical practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to lead and mentor staff
- Understanding of quality process and ensuring best practice
- Understanding of Medicare bulk billing within a clinical practice
- Ability to work well under pressure in a busy environment; prioritise tasks and ensure that critical tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Highly efficient and organised, and able to work effectively with minimal supervision, both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office (and/or Mac equivalent programs) and willingness and ability to learn new software e.g. GFA’s practice management software “Power Diary”.
- Reliability and flexibility to respond to the needs of the organisation.
- Previous experience working in the not for profit sector would be an advantage, but not required.
- Previous experience in financial administration, including invoicing, receipting and payments
The successful applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions at Gidget Foundation Australia.
Please note, this role is office based. We are unable to offer flexible home working options.