- Play a key role to accelerate the transition to 100% renewable energy.
- Geelong region or within the Barwon South West
- Full Time
- $80,000 - $90,000 + superannuation
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fixed Term Contract - 30 June 2022 (renewal subject to funding)
- Not-for-profit purpose driven organisation
About the Role
The Renewable Energy Program Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the Community Power Hub Program and Small Business Energy Saver Program’s operations and for identifying and developing new business opportunities that align with the mission and strategy of Geelong Sustainability.
The position leads a team to support, develop and deliver two community renewable energy programs across the Barwon South West region by June 2022.
The Community Power Hub (CPH) program will accelerate Victoria’s transition to a renewable energy future. Geelong Sustainability is the lead organisation for the Barwon South West Community Power Hub and will work collaboratively with community energy groups and key stakeholders across the region to develop and deliver implementation ready community renewable energy projects across the region. Through the delivery of community-based renewable energy projects, the CPH will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase community support for Renewable Energy. It will also enable local economic benefits to be realised through cost savings for communities and support for local Renewable Energy jobs.
The Small Business Energy Saver Program (SBESP) supports the expansion of the existing Victorian Energy Upgrades Program by providing additional financial incentives for selected Victorian Energy Upgrade (VEU) activities in the small business sector. Geelong Sustainability, through their social enterprise Greenlight, is the contracting party who will perform on the ground engagement with 500 targeted eligible small businesses. The aim is to encourage involvement in the program leading to the uptake of eligible VEU activities in the Barwon South West region.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Management and fulfilment of two contracts between Sustainability Victoria and Geelong Sustainability including coordinating and providing required reporting and acquittal.
- Management and implementation of the current detailed Project Plan, Governance Plan, Community Engagement Plan and program budgets.
- Work with and manage the program team in the design and implementation of the SBESP and CPH, whilst managing contracts, and monitoring program deliverables and targets.
- Developing and delivering optimised initiatives to support program improvement and staff performance in line with program objectives.
- Developing and maintaining constructive relationships with stakeholders including accredited providers, local councils, state government, relevant authorities, industry, business, environmental networks and the general public.
- Developing and delivering marketing and communications strategies and initiatives with a strong focus on online marketing and events.
- Researching, planning and delivering program and business initiatives.
- Meet with and report on a regular basis to the GreenLight Executive Officer and Geelong Sustainability Liaison.
- Work and meet with relevant stakeholders to ensure service delivery is within approved guidelines.
- Manage the day-to-day activity of 4 program staff and lead regular staff meetings.
- Actively contribute ideas and work collaboratively whilst assisting with program delivery.
- Support Geelong Sustainability’s vision and strategy in all communications.
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the GreenLight Executive Officer or Geelong Sustainability Liaison.
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in sustainability, business management, community development, or relevant discipline, and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of sustainability, renewable energy, and energy efficiency strategies and practices.
- Demonstrated experience in program management, planning, implementation .
- Demonstrated experience in the management of multiple staff or leading teams.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with communities and in particular facilitating group workshops and online or physical events.
- Demonstrated experience working independently at the direction of Management, delivering and directing others to complete work to the required standard and timeframes and showing initiative and a proactive approach to task prioritisation, execution and problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple budgets and project deliverables.
- Experience in the preparation of funding acquittals, reports for stakeholders and management.
- High level of competency planning, promoting and delivering online webinars and community workshop events.
- High level of digital literacy including MS Office, PowerPoint, Social Media and Data Management systems.
- Ability to effectively speak at events (workshops, meetings, forums, receptions etc) for community and business audiences
- Ability to effectively plan, monitor and execute projects using a systemised approach and relevant tracking tools (e.g. Excel, Microsoft Project etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (written, digital and verbal) for engaging with a variety of audiences
- Ability to deal with pressure and work to demanding deadlines, including juggling multiple projects and competing priorities effectively
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively as part of a distributed team
- Knowledge of and commitment to the principles of sustainability
- Knowledge of Barwon South West region and a strong local network
- Willingness to work and attend meetings outside of normal office hours
- A current Victorian driver’s licence and the use of a car
- Eligibility to work in Australia
To talk further about the position, please call Fred Ritman, 0438 041 667.
A position description is attached.