We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we live, learn and work, and pay our respects to the First Nations Peoples and their Elders, past, present and emerging.
Manager: Program Director
Stakeholders: Program Director, CEO, Trust Board, Ginninderry Aboriginal Advisory Group (GAAG), Riverview Group, Contractors, Volunteers, ACT Parks and Conservation, ACT Landcare and Waterwatch, Suburban Land Agency, Ginninderra Catchment Group and other Community / Interest Groups.
Key Accountabilities and Outcomes
- Develop and deliver riparian rehabilitation, ecology and community engagement projects in line with the Ginninderry Conservation Corridor Plan of Management
- Liaise with partners and stakeholders as required and identify opportunities for external collaborations and engagement.
- Assist with development and delivery of communications, community engagement and monitoring activities.
- Record and collate outputs (including spatial data) for reporting purposes.
- Comply with Ginninderry Conservation Trust (GCT) policies and practices.
- Capability and training opportunities identified and discussed with Program Director.
- Proactively identify and propose opportunities for growth and development of GCT projects and programs.
- Undertake other duties as requested by the Program Director and/or as required under the Management Plan.
Activities include coordination and delivery of (but are not limited to)
- Annual vegetation monitoring of stream/gully systems within the Corridor;
- Platypus and yabby surveys on the Murrumbidgee River;
- Native fish surveys on the Murrumbidgee River;
- Frogwatch monitoring on farm dams, rivers and streams;
- Waterwatch monitoring on farm dams, rivers and streams (including macroinvertebrate surveys);
- Supporting development of innovative ecological monitoring strategies; and
- River restoration actions including revegetation, introducing structural habitat, weed management, stabilisation, feral animal management, stock access management.
Conditions, Applications and Further Information
GCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong WHS ethic and inclusive approach to team management. The suitable applicant will work as part of a small team based at The Link building in Strathnairn, ACT.
The successful candidate will be offered an initial one-year employment contract with remuneration and other conditions commensurate with their capability and experience.
Further information on the Trust and our programs can be found at www.ginninderry.org and on our social media channels.
Contact Officer: Ms Angela Calliess, Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Riparian Restoration Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.