Our reputation means we are growing and this is a rare opportunity to be part of a significant expansion to our already extensive Therapy team.
We are looking for a paediatric Occupational Therapist to work from our Werribee OR Footscray office with families living in Western Melbourne with a current NDIS plan.
We encourage therapists with the following experience to apply;
- New Graduates
- Grade 1 therapists
- Grade 2 therapists
Therapy Positions – Gateways Support Services
Gateways Support Services is a not-for-profit community organisation making a positive difference in the lives of people with a disability or additional needs and their families for more than 20 years providing a range of services including Therapy, Recreation, Support Coordination, Individual Support and Accommodation Services.
Gateways is recognised and respected for our expertise in supporting children, adolescents and adults with a broad range of disabilities including autism, intellectual disabilities, developmental delays, challenging behaviours and complex support needs. We are committed to promoting quality, safety and wellbeing to every person we support.
We currently provide services throughout the Geelong region, Wyndham, Western Melbourne, Warrnambool and South West Victoria with offices in Geelong, Werribee, Footscray and Warrnambool.
Why is Gateways such a great place to work?
- Our commitment is to put our employees and clients at the centre of everything we do
- Ongoing support, frequent supervision and opportunities for professional development and career advancement
- Professional development opportunities to help reach your learning and career goals
- Generous and flexible salary packaging opportunities - offering $16k additional tax free
- Access to assessment and therapy resources to support you in your role.
- New graduate supervision and support program
- Flexible employment options e.g. Contractor or Employee positions
- Diverse and rewarding caseload
- Opportunities to facilitate Group Therapy Programs
- Be part of our large, experienced multi-disciplinary team
- Flexible work practices and options to purchase additional leave to help create some important work/life balance
- Family-friendly working environment
- Offices in Footscray, Werribee, Warrnambool and North Geelong
- Employee Assistance Program
About the roles:
- You will be responsible for providing evidence based clinical services and make a real difference to the lives of children and adults with developmental delay and/or disability.
- The Paediatric therapy team works with clients aged 0-12 year old and their family.
- We currently have a full time position available. Part time is available if preferred – 2 ½ days is the part time minimum.
- New graduates are welcome to apply.
Skills and attributes required:
- Registration with AHPRA.
- Integrity - honest in own behaviour and in dealings with others
- Demonstrate an understanding of cultural safety and to commit to an openness about continual learning and promotion of cultural safety to all work colleagues, clients and their families
- Energetic, resourceful, innovative and flexible in responding to challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, young people, parents, adults and staff
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Focus on providing exceptional customer service through clear and concise communication, in a style relevant to the audience – both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal confidently with our clients as well as internal and external community members, in a professional and timely manner.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail in both clinical and administrative aspects of the role.
- Demonstrate accountability, initiative, be proactive, organized, flexible and able to prioritise.
- Be willing to follow policies and procedures to complete all set tasks.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and to learn and adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Support and work collaboratively with others in the team.
- Be willing to participate in relevant professional development and demonstrate the use of evidence in practice.
- Ability to work autonomously where required, with exceptional skills working within a team
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
This role will be responsible for the day to day clinical services within the Therapy & Inclusion Support team:
- Clinical Service Delivery under the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Clear and concise documentation for all client related tasks
- Relationships and Collaborative Teamwork
- Position open to new graduates as well as experienced clinicians
- New Graduate Program
- Consistent and ongoing direct support from our supportive therapy team leaders.
- Regular discipline specific meetings to extend your professional learning and networking in a supportive environment
- Working with experienced & talented interdisciplinary team to broaden your holistic approach when working with clients & their families
- Comprehensive training and on boarding
- Scope to explore and develop your professional interests and skills
If you feel that you tick all the boxes to succeed in this role, we would love to hear from you!
If you would like further details for the positions, please contact Therapy & Inclusion Manager Bernadette Walker on 5221 2984, during business hours.
To Apply, and for the position description, please click apply now.