- Do you have a demonstrated commitment and passion for social change?
- Are you a self-driven problem solver with excellent communication skills?
- Do you have a proven track record of showing meticulous attention to detail in your work?
If so, you may be the person we're searching for.
FYA is seeking a vibrant Executive Assistant to support our new CEO in his role leading the organisation.
FYA is Australia's only national for-purpose organisation dedicated to backing young people aged 12-29.
We work with partners across industry, government, education and the community sector to:
- Create opportunities for young people to learn the skills needed to succeed in a changing world.
- Back young people who are making a difference in communities, industry and public life.
- Transform the way the government, business and community sectors engage young people.
We are looking for someone to join our team at FYA who embodies our values, has a demonstrated commitment to social change and will provide high level and professional support to our CEO.
This successful candidate will:
- Proactively support the CEO with executive level assistance and coordination, anticipating needs and solving problems
- Effectively manage all Board and Committee meetings to ensure meetings run smoothly with effective communication whilst applying required governance
- Management of CEO's email, calls and other correspondence, including where appropriate re-routing to Leadership or team members
- Coordinate internal and external meetings involving CEO and provide necessary follow-up
- Support and project manage special projects linked to the core work of the CEO as required
- Support the CEO with Board liaison and Board meeting preparation
- Actively contribute to health and safety at FYA by consciously applying safety policies and procedures.
For more detailed information relating to the responsibilities of this role, please refer to the attached job description.
The successful candidate will have (key selection criteria):
- Experience supporting a Chief Executive or Executive Manager
- A demonstrated commitment to social change through their work or extensive volunteering in social purpose organisations
- A high degree of professionalism, judgement, discretion and confidentiality
- High-level written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate and liaise effectively and sensitively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and maintain a flexible, resourceful approach while working to deadlines
- A meticulous attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge and experience in MS Office and/or Google Apps, including spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation applications
- The ability to support productive relationships, and be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Board operations and governance requirements
- A Working with Children Check or a Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) registration (or ability to attain one) is a mandatory requirement of this position.
- National Police Records Check, prior to commencement.
- Applicants for this role must be an Australian Citizen or have a valid, legal right to work in Australia.
FYA Staff members are: creative and innovative; determined; positive; self-disciplined; analytical; flexible; resilient; culturally aware; honest; inclusive; ethical; collaborative; supportive.
The Finer Details
Direct Reports: Nil
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Status: Fixed Term - 12 months
- Location: FYA Melbourne, 21-27 Somerset Place, Melbourne
- Award Classification: Level 5, Pay Point 1 Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
- Salary Range: FYA Grade E, Developing Zone $77,823-$81,325 Plus superannuation
FYA is an equal opportunity employer, we know that strength comes with diversity and encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.