About Future Super
At Future Super, we’re changing the way super is done. By giving people a chance to invest their super in companies that drive positive social and environmental change, we show people the power money has to create a better world.
We're growing fast, and we’re looking for a Software Developer to join our team to help us create innovative technical solutions for our members.
In this job you will be:
- Working in a unified, agile environment with our engineering team to create and improve software that you can be proud of
- Taking responsibility for documentation, code quality and testing, while ensuring the team is taking a best practice approach
- Providing guidance and mentoring to the team, supporting them with software engineering process improvement
- Working independently while also helping the team to succeed, assisting them with planning, estimation, design, development, integration, qualification and testing
- Learning new technologies and growing professionally as the demands of the role change
- Willing and able to provide and receive honest feedback, to allow our team to continually improve how they work together
- Using your creativity to overcome technical challenges
- Travelling to Sydney on a regular monthly basis to collaborate with other teams across the business
We are looking for someone who has:
- Extensive software engineering and development experience, coupled with a strong understanding of the software development cycle
- A relevant tertiary degree
- 3-5 years' relevant experience in developing software and web applications
- Passion about technology and an interest in growing their career in this space
- Experience utilising version control tools (Git preferred)
- Experience working as part of a team, and enjoys taking a collaborative approach to their work
It would also be great if you have:
- Knowledge of devops (Docker, virtualisation, cloud platforms)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience in the superannuation industry
Don't meet the criteria listed here?
Don’t worry! Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. We are happy to train and develop people into roles, if we think they're a great fit for our team and show promise.
You'll love working here with:
- Great staff benefits, including 14 weeks’ paid parental leave for all genders and a generous parental superannuation package, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), formal training and development with continuous improvement opportunities, a continuous supply of healthy office snacks and membership to Pedal Power ACT as part of our sustainable transport policy
- Future Super is an equal opportunity employer – we provide flexible working hours, the option to work from home and a laptop you can use to work remotely
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people. Seriously. The problems we face are complex and the more diversity of experiences we can bring to the table the better our solutions become.