FutureSense Foundation supports disadvantaged communities around the world to help them build a brighter future. Through our long-term programs, we utilise individuals and groups of volunteers to contribute to our sustainable in-country development work through delivery of key program activities. Our volunteers include individuals on a gap year program (GapGuru), or those on a career break (Inspire), as well as groups of university students (Challenges Abroad). The volunteers who sign up through our volunteer programs then come to support the FutureSense Foundation development programs across the globe. We currently operate across 6 countries and deliver programs across grassroots community-based partners, local schools and health centers, and local NGO projects.
We are now looking for a strong candidate to join our team as the Country Operations Manager in our Thailand and Cambodia hubs. As the supervisor of all hub activities and programs, we require:
- Excellent management experience,
- Customer service and communication skills to develop and manage our range of programs,
- Previous volunteering experience, and
- Knowledge and understanding of the development sector.
Experience in delivering community development projects of a similar nature and scale and previous experience either with FutureSense or in a similar management role is desirable.
We operate in Mae Sariang, outside of Chiang Mai, with a large focus on many of the hill tribe village in the surrounding areas. In Cambodia, we are based in Battambang and work with communities in the northern Ek Phnom District.
We are looking for dynamic and passionate leaders that can support the operations, programs, and teams as we progress into greater community impact!
All new in-coming management positions are subject to a 3-month probationary period.
- Organise the implementation of project and program plans
- Coordinate with UK office about volunteer and group projects and dates
- Create and manage monthly operations budget and all volunteer and group expenditure budgets
- Work alongside local board members to effectively ensure proper operational management of the local entity
- Effectively manage and support diverse in-country team including staff management and new staff training
- Enable volunteers, partners, and in-country team to contribute to high quality and effective program completion through the delivery of planned and organised training
- Facilitate all pre-departure sessions with volunteers and groups
- Work closely with UK management and the local team to provide volunteers with a valuable experience
- To ensure the safety and security of staff and volunteers
- To represent the best interests of FutureSense Group and the programs we run
- Strengthen our programs, their scope, the impact, and sustainability
- Ensure our programs are continually in line with the UN development goals for sustainability
- Establish, monitor, and evaluate Key Performance Indicators
- Identify areas of growth through research, needs assessments, and partner evaluations
- Maintain existing and develop new effective working relationships with local communities and partners to ensure community needs are being met and our program outputs are effective
- Promote the creation of new programs and projects consistent with the ethos of the organisation
- Provide support to volunteers, helping them settle into the country, achieve their program objectives, and make the most of their time in-country
- To aid in the development and long-term planning of local programs and how to measure impact and success
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in and passion for Thailand or Cambodia and the Thai or Khmer culture (desired)
- Able to manage multiple projects, strong organisational skills, and strong time management skills
- A good understanding and experience of international community development, education and skill development issues
- The ability to demonstrate resilience and adaptability
- Comfortable working in a flexible environment and prepared to go above and beyond and work long hours
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Strong people management skills and experience of managing groups, staff and volunteers
- Strong project planning skills and a proven track record of project delivery
- Able to enthuse others on key issues and contribute to strategic planning
- Ability to motivate and support staff to achieve success consistently
- Skilled in developing professional relationships
Benefits include visas, insurance, flight to country, and a local living stipend. Additional benefits include 21 paid holidays, some local holidays, and a stipend toward a return flight for a visit home (after a year worked). The annual stipend starting range is $9000 - $11,500 USD.