Free to Feed is a not-for-profit social enterprise empowering refugees, people seeking asylum and new migrants with opportunities for employment, paid training and breaking down social barriers. Free to Feed’s advocacy is delivered through food-based activities – catering, community cooking experiences, team workshops and topical events.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Sales & Event Coordinator in the Catering, Events & Partnerships team.
The role is the first point of contact for all enquiries and requests for catering and events. You will work both with the team and autonomously to meet organisational KPIs and deliver exceptional end-to-end customer experiences and help us create long-lasting social impact.
Our team is hands-on, energetic and not afraid to wear a few hats, ask for help or take independent ownership. If this sounds like a work environment for you, and if you’re detail-oriented, motivated to create and participate in exceptional hospitality experiences, and want to contribute to real social impact, then we want to hear from you!!
- First point of contact for all organisational enquiries and requests for catering, workshops & events
- Manage all community customer enquiries regarding bespoke event and catering, including quoting, contracting and logistics from enquiry to delivery
- Provide all potential and landed opportunities with high-quality, memorable customer service
- Manage and update the online booking system and internal booking management systems
- Liaise with the team to anticipate the needs of customers and event patrons, with the aim to exceed their expectations of the Free to Feed experience
- Responsible for driving revenue, monitoring and tracking sales targets, and providing fortnightly reports
- Work collaboratively with the catering & events team and all other relevant departments including kitchen, participant well-being program and partnerships
- Brief and support the event management team as required
- Attend and actively contribute to weekly event planning meetings
- Develop strategies to pursue warm leads, and cultivate existing relationships from one-off or occasional interactions into repeat sales
- Contribute to Free to Feed’s expansion into the catering market by working closely with the catering & events team to drive growth in catering and bespoke events
- Manage the company’s events schedule and coordinating services with our events team
- Demonstrates key Free to Feed values and believes in diversity and inclusion
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure, independently and flexibly
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a sales & events role
- Communicates effectively, within a fast-paced environment to a close knit team and externally with clientele
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of Food & Beverage service
- Exceptional organisational, time-management and planning skills, with clear attention to detail
- NFP/Social Enterprise/BCorp experience will be looked upon favourably, but is not a prerequisite
Our values are the foundation of our work and guide our decision making. It is a requirement that all staff and volunteers embody our values in all that they do. Our values are: Curiosity, Professionalism, Respect and Positivity.