- Fixed term Part- Time (16 hours /week)
- Medical Officer Position
- Hunter Region location
About Family Planning NSW
Family Planning NSW (FPNSW) is the leading provider of reproductive and sexual health services in NSW. As an independent not-for-profit organisation we offer expert clinical care, information and advice for everybody in every family as well as education and training and evidence-based research to support doctors, nurses and other professionals.
About the role
The Medical Officer is expected to provide high quality clinical services to Family Planning NSW (FPNSW) clients and work effectively in a team environment. They will maintain high clinical standards and professional medical practices across the organisation in accordance with Family Planning NSW policies, procedures and clinical guidelines.
- Primary medical degree with current AHPRA registration as a medical practitioner (VR)
- Unrestricted Medicare provider number
- FPAA Certificate in Reproductive and Sexual Health (or equivalent)
- Broad based clinical experience with previous experience in reproductive and sexual health
- Skills in LARC insertion (implant and/or IUD) or willingness to be trained in same
- High level interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise electronic medical record systems
Key Essential skills:
- Maintain the required professional qualifications and competence level to practice within the defined scope of practice
- Commit to maintaining best practice by adhering to the scope of practice and within clinical role boundaries defined by FPNSW (guided by Contraception: An Australian Clinical Practice Handbook and Reproductive & Sexual Health: An Australian Clinical Practice Handbook)
- Commit to clinical skill development and take personal responsibility to update knowledge, enhance skill and maintain professional accreditation and competency standards to perform within the context of practice
- Contribute to clinical safety outcomes by maintaining high standards of clinical documentation and result management. Adhere to FPNSW’s defined escalation and delegation policies and systems for clinical practices
- Apply defined clinical guidelines, policies, procedures and protocols in a manner relevant and appropriate to the client’s needs
- Perform specialised services (e.g. implant insertion/removal and IUD insertion) upon completion of extended training/accreditation and as per relevant policy
- Adhere to the Incident Management Policy to report and escalate any clinical issue with medicolegal implications within specified time frame
- Commit to share knowledge, provide authorised clinical support and supervision less experienced clinicians according to the Scope of Practice guidelines and policy
- Maintain standards within the quality assurance program, including participation in peer-review and clinical audits
- Criminal Record Check
- Working With Children Check
- Immunisation/vaccination requirements apply to this role
Why work for us:
- We are a leading and continually growing NFP organisation.
- We offer a friendly, collaborative team and you will have your contribution valued.
- Opportunities to grow your career with us.
- Salary Packaging is offered, increasing take home pay
Family Planning NSW is always on the lookout for talented and passionate individuals to contribute their skills to one of Australia’s largest not-for-profit reproductive and sexual health service organisation.
FPNSW is an EEO employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. We believe that a diversity of experiences and perspectives will help us build stronger strategies, teams and movements. We strongly encourage First Nations people, people of colour, people living outside of cities, and people living with a disability to apply. We are continually working on becoming a better workplace for everyone.
Please submit your Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the key essential criteria.
We will be actively shortlisting for these roles so please don't hesitate to apply.
FPNSW do not accept unsolicited agency resumes or applications and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited agency resumes or applications.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Abi Monaghan via email email@example.com, using the subject line: Medical Officer - Hunter Region (986339) enquiry via EthicalJobs, quoting Ref No. 986339.