- Part time, permanent
- Based in Thomas Embling Hospital
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Forensicare is situated across five sites across Victoria with its largest site being Thomas Embling Hospital, located in Fairfield just 15 minutes north of the Melbourne CBD.
Thomas Embling Hospital is a 136 bed secure hospital providing acute care, rehabilitation and continuing care.
About the role:
Within a combined inpatient facility comprising an Acute and Continuing care Program, provide support to patients within the framework of the multi-disciplinary team to enhance the quality of the therapeutic program.
- In consultation with the multi-disciplinary team independently plan, implement and evaluate group sessions and other activities that address social, recreational, and activities of daily living both within the hospital and the community.
- Undertakes welfare tasks focussed on patient’s basic needs including assisting the patient with clothing, banking, and liaising with Centrelink.
- Throughout the patient’s admission participates in the establishment and maintenance of effective links with other key agencies and carers.
- Undertakes safe, effective transportation and escort of patients where required.
- Assists patients/Unit with practical support activities where required (eg. shopping).
Skills and experience:
- Full or partial completion of a qualification in a relevant field (e.g. Certificate or Diploma in disability support, mental health support, allied health assistant, welfare, or similar) OR willingness to work towards such a qualification via professional development and formal courses while in the position.
- A current Victorian driver’s licence.
- An ability to establish positive working relationships with patients through establishing rapport.
- Ability to motivate and facilitate patient participation in a broad range of therapeutic programs, including group work while providing support and supervision as appropriate.
- A police check will be required prior to any appointment and will be periodically carried out during your employment.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions.
- Excellent leave entitlements.
- Post-graduate scholarship programs.
- Ongoing training and full orientation.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.