- Full time / Fixed-Term 12 month contract HS7 Classification
- Based in Fairfield at Thomas Embling Hospital
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensic mental health is a specialist area within the mental health service system. The services provided by Forensicare address the needs of people who have offended experiencing mental health issues, the mental health sector, the justice sector and the general community.
These services are delivered through three streams, inpatient services at Thomas Embling Hospital, community services through the Community Forensic Mental Health Service and prison based services at several locations. This position will be based at Thomas Embling Hospital and will be required to work across all Forensicare sites.
About the role:
The Project Manager will bring significant and demonstrated project management expertise to create and implement a strategic plan for the establishment and expansion of a Lived Experience Workforce at Forensicare. The plan will be informed by the outcomes of the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System, Forensicare's new Model of Care and strategic plan and the recommendations from the External review into Forensicare's Lived Experience workforce. This position will be supported by the Forensicare executive team, the strategy and policy team, People and Culture, and the Chief Lived Experience and work closely with the Lived Experience team across Forensicare service.
As an experienced project manager you shall be responsible for leading the stream of work concerned with the development and implementation of an appropriate workforce model for a Lived Experience workforce to support and operationalise the new Forensicare model of care. The role will also work closely with the Workforce Development Project Manager for the Thomas Embling Hospital Expansion Project to deliver the LE component of the strategic workforce plan.
- Co-design and co-produce a 3 year Lived Experience Workforce Development plan
- Ensure all project management activities are planned and delivered to meet scheduled requirements
- Develop detailed project plans, plan, manage and deliver detailed and timely reporting, and lead specific streams of the project.
- Engage and collaborate with relevant internal and external stakeholders across all stages of the project
- Develop project analysis techniques, utilising project management methodologies to enhance processes and adding value to the overall programme
- Develop consultative processes with key areas to ensure design, functional and operational requirements are met, and in line with efficient and effective solutions.
- Provide analysis and feedback on relevant Forensicare policies and procedures
- Develop realistic project timeframes and meet key deadlines
- Communicate synthesised information to the Chief Lived Experience and Executive team clearly and concisely
- Promote a positive and customer service approach, ensure constructive and collaborative engageme with all key stakeholders.
- Ensure key decisions include consultation with consumers, family and carers and clinical and non clinical staff
- Manage stakeholder consultation processes, balancing competing priorities and view
- Prepare complex briefs, communications and reports to a high standard
- Participates in mandatory safety training and any Forensicare specific mandatory training on an annual basis as defined in the Mandatory Training policy.
- Performance will be appraised from the results of the listed key responsibilities. Formal appraisal will be carried out by the Manager at six months and twelve months, with annual performance appraisal occurring thereafter.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing education and professional development through accessing internal and external staff development opportunities.
- Attend training courses as agreed.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated significant experience in workforce planning and project management in a health-related sector
- Demonstrated experience in co-design and co-production methodologies
- A positive attitude with a problem-solving and teamwork focus
- Commitment to building positive relationships and co-designing with stakeholders
- Highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills, with an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, provide advice on processes and policies, and work effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills and capabilities; and organisational skills demonstrating ability to set priorities and meet tight and demanding work schedules.
- Ability to evaluate a lived experience service and service components within a forensic mental health setting.
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
This position is subject to a Police Check.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions.
- Excellent leave entitlements.
- Post-graduate scholarship programs.
- Ongoing training and full orientation.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.